Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Oh, and Joe I am still seeing about 60 fps on medium settings until I get into the smoke. I can give you a version of FRAPs that will show your FPS in a graph on your G15 screen.

There were server issues all day yesterday so you're lucky you got to play, everytime I tried during the day I either "Failed to connect to EA blah blah" or it just CTD once I joined a game..

1- Server Browser blows. "Play Now" I've found to be incredibly reliable in finding games with max players. Granted every 5-6 "Play Nows" I do, I'll get a game with like 6 v 6.

I stopped using Server Browser simply because it's a piece of shit. Takes way too long to load and doesn't save favorites.

2- On certain maps, yes Sniping can be a pain. I personally love sniping, so I'm straight up an antie-sniper. I play so much better than 80% of the people that play this game, that I get into position to rape all the scrub Recon campers. While many times I'm not helping much in the battle, my high K : D ratio and constant mortar barrage keeps the enemy back.

3- I agree 100% on this. While the total realism of the game is something refreshing, it's way over done. I've noticed that a strategy on Rush, is to simple destroy the building so snipers and tanks can just spam the M-Com Base. Now this doesn't always work when your team is playin well, but it's pretty much the basic startegy to take buildings down.

4- yeah it's pretty annoying to play a team based game where the majority of the players don't interact with their team. I think this boils down to the lack of team based voice chat. I still haven't heard one person speak with voice chat in-game and the only thing people say in chat is how the teams are stacked or GG at the end.

5- As for aiming higher when using anything but the Sniper, you generally don't want to be in a situation like this. For the most part, with any SMG/Rifle/LMG you should be close enough where aiming higher isn't necessary, just leading the target. If you find you're doing this a lot, you should either stop completely and start going house to house or play recon. I noticed my frame rate was effected my ability to aim, since you need to be quite accurate if the target is moving, as well as not spam firing.

I know I read something on the BC2 forums about bullet damage actually decreasing the farther they travel. I don't think thats the case for the snipers, but for the MGs. I'm not 100% sure on the source so this may just be bs.

Using the Sniper was definitely a learning curve for me, unlike any other FPS. The reason the players kill you in one shot, is because they're hitting you in the Chest-Head area. Since the bullets lose their momentum, sniping at range takes some getting used to. Now, I know I've had a ton of WTF moments when guys I've shot should have died. Whether it's server lag or simply an RNG type damage, I'm not sure at all. If you find that you're not one shot killing players, you need to aim just a hair higher on your shots. Head shots are so easy with the sniper once you get the hang of it because of the bullet physics.

I have a few of the snipers unlocked but still use the basic model. You gain profficiency Stars or whatever, on your weapons as you use them. I'm not sure if they directly effect the damage, but I really think their purpose is only to show how much the person uses the weapon.

6- I guess you can call it spammy. The stages are much larger, the terrain offers a lot of natural cover and theres plenty of buildings to hide behind, if they haven't been destroyed.

In my opinion, MF2 is 10 times more of a spammed cluster fuck. Grenades and Tubes are much more dangerous simply because the maps are so small and funneled to specific areas. Killstreaks are the main part of multiplayer, which makes it a HUGE spam fest. Don't know how many times I called in a Harrier and 2 kills later I have a sick ass Plane and a Pavelow destroying anything in LOS. You also have people running around with Marathon/Lightweight and Gaymando Pro which lacks any skill at all. Not to mention other perks like "One Man Army" which basically allows a player to constantly switch back and forth between Tube selections and have infinite ammo.

Player operated UAVs/Tanks/Mounted Turrets is one thing, but when the AI in the game controls Helis/Planes and Turrets, it completely takes any skill out of the game. I do like MF2, It's a great game, but it's completely different. They try really hard to take a lot of skill out of the game with perks, deadly toe shots and kill streaks.

We gotta play some later dude. So much more XP to gain when you have a partner to work with. Can't tell you how much I love chasing a tank with low HP as engineer or trying to heal someone whos about to die, but doesn't want to stop.
    Last edited by Kurise; 03-22-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    There were server issues all day yesterday so you're lucky you got to play, everytime I tried during the day I either "Failed to connect to EA blah blah" or it just CTD once I joined a game..
    I played quite a few sessions yesturday without any problem. Everytime I log in I see the message at the bottom that reports connectivity issues for some players.

The only time I have CTD issues is when my comp is asking me to turn it off for 5 minutes. I have a theory, that CTD is your Video Card screaming that it needs a break. I've had this issue playing multiple games, even WoW. I restart my comp and it's all good.

I haven't had any issue with connection. Well I did lose connection to one game but that was after playing for a couple maps. I just don't like the server browser - I will try the play now and see how that works.

I agree that MW2 is spammy as shit and the knifing faggots make me want to punch my screen but it's a good game for instant action when you don't have a ton of time to play. BF I really like the strategy and using cover (when it's not blown to shit) - also the ability to spawn with a squad leader makes the maps feel smaller. Still some choke points but overall the map design is very enjoyable.

I might be on later tonight - 9ish.

Kyrillian buy this game you prestige mode tard

EA name is Klauso. Why couldn't they just have released this as a Steam game.

It was released through Steam, but just isn't necessarily connected to the Steam netowrk I guess.

I know Jo said that EA made it where you can still use the Steam Friend Network in-game. But to do this you have to add BC2 to your game list. I think there is an "add-game" option where you put in your CD-Key.

Yeah just checked. on the "Game List", at the bottom it has an option to add non steam games. I know you can add WoW to steam, so I'm sure BC2 works.

-BC2 isn't even on the file list to choose from for me.
    Last edited by Kurise; 03-23-2010 at 01:37 PM.

I never really got the "add non steam game" deal to work with WOW. Even if I launched WOW from Steam it never showed that I was playing WOW in my friends - friends list. At the very least it should give that functionality.

Joe, what's the best way to learn to fly? I am planning to dig out my joystick tonight and play. Can you start a empty game? And what map is best for flying?