Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Default Battlefield Bad Company 2

Despite the my extreme misgivings about EA...

I got it, pre-purchase gave you instant access to the "beta" although it comes out in a month so whats the diff between this an a demo

Not bad for a unpolished beta, playable at least (if you get lag just start over and rejoin atm, they are having probs with the server console, I had no lag in my game)..

Very realistic and to scale, armor seemed balanced but real... Fully destructable enviro... Like you can blow away shit someone is hiding behind. Blow up a building with people in it, etc... Detail was a little lacking on everything but the playerskins tho. Kinda Modern Warfare meets BF2ish.. Needs work and fine tuning but could be a very fun game, especially if they figure out how to emphasize all the "realness" evident even in beta.

Release is far better than the Beta I was playing...

Very good game imo, even at release, so it should only get better.. More "real" than MW2 imo.. plus the added fun of getting to drive armor & helo's (although I cant get my old joystick to work to fly yet)...

Similar to MW2 in that it has XP, ranks, an achievements (w/a added Vehicle catagory) but with only 4 standard classes that can then be customized as you level..

Maps are downright amazing... Bigger and less restricted than MW maps... some are downright huge, lots of details, very much part of the incredibly real setting of the game...

Server browser is clunky and needs work (typical of EA) and you cant save you class loadouts ATM, hoping that will change soon as its a PITA..

I was told if you don't have a EA account you can go register on their site and input that your birthday is a few days away (give it time to get in their system) and they will send you a 25% off a EA game coupon to your email for your BD.. Can get this game for $40 iirc.

I will grab this in the next couple weeks.

Picked up BC2 today and boy is it different than MWF2.

Jomama your woes about the Server Browser are still in the live game. The first few times I attempted to use it, it just sat at "waiting for data".

I was able to get it working once, but that was after I hit cancel and it appeared.

The movement and aiming is a little more sluggish than MWF2. While sprinting, you cannot strafe, only turn with the mouse. I'm sure you've already heard about no proning, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm enjoying myself so far, but it's certainly more difficult to pick up and play than MWF2 it seems. Took me a while to get the hang of the sluggish aiming and the fact that a Headshot on normal mode doesn't always kill the target.

The graphics in game are really good, but get incredibly annoying after a while. Most stages you're either fighting in the shittiest sand storm on the fucking planet or the shittiest snow storm on the fucking planet.

Either way I'm enjoying it for now. But the big thing is BC2 and MWF2 are two completely different games.

Thumbs up

Send me a friend invite if you want Kurise, its Jomama in game.

We figured out last night some of the random not joining is probably just reserved slots.

Aside from that I really haven't had probs with the browser other than its slow. They did a server upgrade last Fri/Sat and its def better now.

Big difference between hardcore and normal mode armor levels, I kinda prefer hardcore just because it is frustrating in normal mode if your not some kind of headshot master.. Body shots are pretty weak on normal. I don't think you can filter HC vs. Normal in the browser tho..

I love the armor tho, so I'll be playing it for a while. Need to get a joystick that works for flying at some point.

There are complaints of mouse acceleration being on whether you enable it or not, this could account for the poor aiming an sensitivity.. I agree tho, I've messed with it a lot trying to fine tune it and haven't got it yet (although totally playable).

I will pick this up on Friday night.

Cool Scott, I'll be around to play once you get it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Need to get a joystick that works for flying at some point.

According to someone I played with tonight, everyone has the same prob as me where their throttle doesn't work (and my twist z axis doesn't either) so hopefully this is just a software fix.. Dont have to get a new joystick

Klauso, you may want to look at some videos first.

Right now I'm at the point where I'm contemplating what the fuck made me want to buy this game in the first place.

Almost every server is 150-300 ping per person. Bullets don't register. Nothing but Tank/Mortar/RPG spam on buildings, preventing any defense.

Server Browser takes about 5 minutes to load. You can't add anything to your favorites on servers. Your Weapon load outs don't save so every time you turn the game off, they go back to default.

In my opinion the game is pretty much terrible. I really hate the fact that I spent $50 on such a shitty over hyped game. Movement is sluggish, bullet damage is fucking pathetic. While Assault Weapons have grenade launchers that rape the shit out of anyone. Tanks take way too long to kill, while they kill you in one shot. They can shoot through multiple surfaces to kill you with one round.

Objective Defense pretty much turns into tank/rpg spam on the building. Instead of having to plant a bomb to destroy the base, people just fucking shoot at it till it falls down. While environmental damage is cool and all, it's way over done in the game.

I'd imagine on PS3/Xbox 360 where this game is more stable, would be abetter experience. The graphics in this game make me want to blow my fucking brains out. The lighting in the game is the most illogical shit I've ever seen.

The big problem is, the game lags like fucking shit on PC, bullets don't register and fuck all.

I hate this game.

Yeah, not gonna spend $50 on a game that bullets don't register on..... I had that back in Counter Strike 1.5..... Guess I will stick with Ruse for a bit until Battlefield gets out of the Beta stage

Quote Originally Posted by Kurise View Post
    I hate this game.