Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPad

Default iPad

Apple announced the ipad today. Looks interesting and will probably compete with the many readers that are out today like the kindle. It's basically a big ipod touch - runs apps, uses itune, has wifi, and can hook up to ATT 3G.

I am not sure how well the ipad will compete with the netbooks and tablets that are coming out. Lack of flash support and no multi tasking is gonna hurt the appeal. I think Michelle's convertible tablet laptop running full windows 7 is more appealing.

anything that disables one of your hands is not a computer, may as well buy a game boy.

Plus it has smartphone capability too, who wants to hold that big thing up to your head!

There is potential there, but it seems to be made for a specific niche. I've heard that they are trying to work out deals with schools that would eventually make it so kids didn't carry around 50 lb backpacks full of textbooks and notebooks but instead carry 1 iPad. Interesting concept, but I don't see how any state funded school would have the resources for it with Obamacare incoming.

If it could play WoW I'd get it though

You can run the Armory App on it!

It's got 3G but no mic and it can't dial etc.

How are you going to play WoW on it while one of your hands is busy being wasted on holding it.

It's way too big, they needed to make it the size of a Kindle.

Problem is they are trying to compete with tablets not eReaders. As a eReader this rocks (but very expensive) as a tablet not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    How are you going to play WoW on it while one of your hands is busy being wasted on holding it.
    I'm going to make a kickstand for it.

That's actually a good idea. There's money to be made there. You better patent that idea quickly.

It's a great piece of equipment for non-discretionary jacking off to HD pr0n but that's about it.