Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boondock's Movies of 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Richard Gere, ...as NY cops
    That alone should move this to the FAILS.

] Doesn’t look like it’s set in the Askewniverse or whatever, it actually looks more like it’s own world. I think I remember Smith saying somewhere that Clerks 2 was the last film set in that old universe, but I’m not sure...Joe?

Actually he has been quoted saying he may revisit the cartoon version of clerks in a full-lenght movie, with his normal edgy humor, or even do a Clerks III when they're old, in 20years or something, but yeah, he has said the Askewnivers stuff is on hiatus for now.

This is the first movie he is directing that he didn't write the screenplay for iirc. They already made him change the title.. just so god damn ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    WTF is with all these remakes?
    Not to be a dick, but are you really that surprised?

People FLOCK to absolute garbage, that they have seen a hundred times before.... Just look at the list of Boons 2009 movies and what made money... Despite the success for some unconventional films and new ideas, the Corporate moviemaking machine is not going to take big risks on new ideas (with a few notable exceptions)... Instead you get the rebadged bowl of shit year after year, with pretty FX and big explosions, the same character dynamics and absolutely no actual originality...

Consumers dont want depth, its boring, so you get SSDD.

IMO at least 8-out of-10 on Boon's 2010 movie list is absolute junk...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    That alone should move this to the FAILS.
    x2

I've already read that my suspicions after seeing the first trailer were confirmed, an "The Book of Eli" is nothing special... they gave away most the action in the trailers, and its not even in the ballpark as "Man on Fire"..

dragon Power is the hardest Nintendo game ever....

Man, I wanna find an emulator and play it right now...I HATE/LOVE that game!!!

Here ya go...ENJOY!

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/rom-...agon-power.php
    Last edited by PhantomBear; 01-21-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Jackass 3-D[*]Sigh…yet another Jackass movie. This time in…3-D! Oh I see, Jackass part 3, and 3-D is big right now, and so you’ll have Steve-O puking on you in 3-D. Oh my, that’s fun stuff.[*]Actually I didn’t even see (or realize that it was out) the sequel, so I’m going to have to add that to my Netflix because these guys really are quite funny. I mean it’s juvenile and disgusting, but they do some crazy funny stuff. Should do okay.
    The thing that disturbs/scares me about the prospect of a 3D jackass is the unnecessary amount of male nudity in those movies.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    x2

I've already read that my suspicions after seeing the first trailer were confirmed, an "The Book of Eli" is nothing special... they gave away most the action in the trailers, and its not even in the ballpark as "Man on Fire"..

I am not interested in seeing some preachy movie. I've seen a lot of reviews that basically call it an evangilical (sp) sermon with action it. All about how religion can save the world! I am not interested in that.

Funny story about when I saw "Man on Fire". It was playing on a plane I took to Texas and I was excited because I hadn't seen it yet and wanted to. The whole movie plays and right about 10 minutes from the end it turns off and everyone is like WTF is going on. After about 2 minutes of confusion, the stewardess gets on the mic and says "I'm sorry we had to stop the movie as we start our descent into Houston, but I'm being told
    ( Click to show/hide )
    the good guy dies
    ."

Quote Originally Posted by gigi View Post
    ...surprised you didn't put The Crazies on there boon. looks like it might be neat.
    Yeah, but I'm not much of a horror guy. In fact, most of the horror movies (and romances/chick flicks) are left off of this list.

I saw the synopsis for "The Crazies" and it looks interesting, but honestly all those slasher/horror movies end up the same in my eyes: ridiculously gory violence, tense moments right before something jumps out and startles you out of your seat, and then more gore/violence. Yes, I know there is more to some of these movies, but look at the list that came out in 2009 and there were only 1 or 2 that weren't just the dumb slasher movie...

Anyway, if someone who watches these movies regularly (yes, you Luke) wants to put together a best of 2010 horror movies list, go crazies! (see what I did there hahaharrr)

...They already made him change the title.. just so god damn ridiculous...
    For those who don't know, he wanted the name to be "A Couple of Dicks" until they made him change it. He is already copping out, hence "Cop Out".

...are you really that surprised?
    Actually you're right, I shouldn't be surprised anymore. I guess it's just so obvious this year that the majority of the studios are investing in these types of movies.

Part of me just wanted to see more originality with the success of shows like "District 9" last year...a movie that came out of nowhere, wasn't like anything else, and was excellent.