Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boondock's Movies of 2010

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Thumbs up for the original "Let the Right One In"

I saw the original recently. Pretty damn good imo.. Higher production quality than I expected for a small film from Sweden. Some really good camera work, and limited use of FX and CGI really added to some suspense & creepyness... Boon is right, its very intense at times... And they used some cool, very subtle changes in the vampire girl's looks, to show thats she's actually very old, just in a little girls body, that came out absolutely fantastic on film..

I don't mind the subtitles, and imo, they will lame it up in the remake, or even worse... I bet the english version will "cute-sie" it up... barf... I bet they ruin it.....

Solid 4 of 5 stars. Available to stream on Netflix.
    I liked the Swedish version of the film, pretty true to the book. Although the book is a bit more screwed up if you can believe it.

The film was well done but one thing I've noticed with Swedish films is they make the movies with the assumption that the person had read the book. I noticed this with the Millenium trilogy as well.

I thought the film didn't do the relationship between Eli and her caretalker justice. There were some pretty gruesome parts of the book that they just cut out completely as well.

Also they hint at
    ( Click to show/hide )
    what Eli really is, gender-wise, but they never really expand on it at all

I've actually heard the American remake is quite good and very true to both the book and the original film. Stephen King named it his top movie of 2010. I wanted to see it in theaters but it was gone after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Richard Gere, ...as NY cops
    That alone should move this to the FAILS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    That alone should move this to the FAILS.
    x2

I've already read that my suspicions after seeing the first trailer were confirmed, an "The Book of Eli" is nothing special... they gave away most the action in the trailers, and its not even in the ballpark as "Man on Fire"..

x2

I've already read that my suspicions after seeing the first trailer were confirmed, an "The Book of Eli" is nothing special... they gave away most the action in the trailers, and its not even in the ballpark as "Man on Fire"..

I am not interested in seeing some preachy movie. I've seen a lot of reviews that basically call it an evangilical (sp) sermon with action it. All about how religion can save the world! I am not interested in that.

Funny story about when I saw "Man on Fire". It was playing on a plane I took to Texas and I was excited because I hadn't seen it yet and wanted to. The whole movie plays and right about 10 minutes from the end it turns off and everyone is like WTF is going on. After about 2 minutes of confusion, the stewardess gets on the mic and says "I'm sorry we had to stop the movie as we start our descent into Houston, but I'm being told
    ( Click to show/hide )
    the good guy dies
    ."

] Doesn’t look like it’s set in the Askewniverse or whatever, it actually looks more like it’s own world. I think I remember Smith saying somewhere that Clerks 2 was the last film set in that old universe, but I’m not sure...Joe?

Actually he has been quoted saying he may revisit the cartoon version of clerks in a full-lenght movie, with his normal edgy humor, or even do a Clerks III when they're old, in 20years or something, but yeah, he has said the Askewnivers stuff is on hiatus for now.

This is the first movie he is directing that he didn't write the screenplay for iirc. They already made him change the title.. just so god damn ridiculous...

...They already made him change the title.. just so god damn ridiculous...
    For those who don't know, he wanted the name to be "A Couple of Dicks" until they made him change it. He is already copping out, hence "Cop Out".

I'm curious as to what the budget for "Valentine's Day" is. With that many stars, it must be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dath View Post
    I'm curious as to what the budget for "Valentine's Day" is. With that many stars, it must be ridiculous.
    i still think it's going to be a horrible movie and i feel sorry for all the guys who will be forced to see it with their gf or wife.

Updates:

• "The Losers" release date moved back to April 23
    • The title for Disney's "Rapunzel" has been changed to "Tangled"
    • "Season of the Witch" is no longer being released March 19th. No release date has been given. Go Nicholas Cage go!

Updates:

• "Season of the Witch" is no longer being released March 19th. No release date has been given. Go Nicholas Cage go!
    I read that this was because they didn't want to release it so close to Kick-Ass which may help stir some controversy and build up Nic Cage before this terdfest is released.