PDA

View Full Version : Up

Eric
01-07-2010, 04:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Up_Poster.JPG
Up

5/5

I've been watching a lot more kids movies than I have adult movies (big surprise, my daughter is 2 1/2), but fortunately my little girl has good taste in movies. Her favorites are Wall-E, Shrek, Nemo, Monsters Inc, Tarzan, The Little Mermaid, etc., and I love all of these flicks.

So I bought her "Up" for Christmas expecting a standard Pixar movie (read: good) and was not disappointed. As usual, the Pixar people put together a great story with enjoyable characters, mixed in with good humor and excellent special effects.

Plenty of laugh out loud moments, and "Up" was the first time the four of us (me, my wife, my 2.5 year old and our 9 month old) actually went and sat on the couch and watched a movie together on the big TV downstairs. The 9 month old made it through about 40 minutes of it before it was her bedtime, but my wife and my 2.5 year old watched the whole thing together.

Good stuff! Wall-E is still the best Pixar flick, with The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc. and now Up in the top 5. (IMO)