PDA

View Full Version : Tf2

Jomama
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
If you play this make sure you check out the new WAR update and support the demo or solider..

So: how is the War update different from our other class updates?

In many ways, it's not. Like any other class update, the War update will reveal three new weapons each for the Demoman and Soldier throughout the week, as well as some maps, achievements, and surprises, right up until the day of release, when everything we've been teasing goes live.

Where the War update differs from other class updates is that we've decided to mix things up a little with, as the Administrator would say, "a healthy competition." A secret, exclusive seventh weapon has also been developed by the TF2 team. In other words, either the Soldier or the Demo (but NOT both) is walking out of this update with one more weapon than the other. If you want your class to have it, you're going to have to fight for it. The more Demomen you kill as the Soldier class will help ensure the Soldier gets the weapon at the end of the week. The more Soldiers you kill as the Demo will help the Demo class get the exclusive seventh weapon. Check back daily to see how your class is doing at the War hubpage — this is also where you'll see links to all the leaked previews of the weapons, maps, and surprises releasing soon with this update.

http://www.teamfortress.com/

Klaus
12-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Can you bring me up to speed on WTF is going on with TF2. Last time I really played a lot was about a year ago. Recently I logged on and it appears to have become a unlock your weapons COD clone. I don't mind these type of games but it sucks that the players that play all the time not only have the most experience but the best guns etc.

Jomama
12-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't understand it either... They're some kind of achievements, released as updates so they are only avail for some classes so far (medic, heavy, sniper, pyro)... And you just get them over time or for some really achievable stat, and you don't even have to be playing the class.. I've unlocked all but the pyro's better weapon just by playing..

Jomama
12-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Demoman is losing the war..

But there was an announcement tonight... Demo gets Sword (melee) and Shield (sticky bomb slot)...

Lads! Warriors! DEMOMEN! As I look out at ye with me tear-stained eye, I see the BEST BLOODY CLASS on the battlefield! No other class can deny it. They cannot stand against us man to man. Oh no. So they wheedle and deceive their way into our confidence, just to drive a shovel straight into our great, trustin' Achilles bloody hearts.

THIS WEEK, lads, we have been granted the opportunity for revenge—against our crew-cutted betrayer, against Brutus Benedict Arnold Judas Bloody Iscariot himself: the SOLDIER! Every Soldier who dies by a Demoman’s hand will be noted in the annals of war. And at the END of this week, when the smoke clears and the dead are tallied, it will be the Demomen who emerge as the most LETHAL BLOODY KILLERS the Soldier’s ever made the great mistake of crossin'!

The Soldier may take our LIVES, mates. They may betray us and they may break our hearts. But they will never take our SATISFACTION. When WE are given an EXCLUSIVE, SECRET EXTRA WEAPON UNLOCK that could have gone to them. And when they look BACK on this week, they will wonder: “Could I have fought HARDER? Could I have killed MORE?” And the answer is: Yes, you bloody well could have. AND THE OUTCOME WOULD STILL BE THE BLOODY SAME.

To war, my loyal Demos! To blood and scotch and bombs! To the death of our betrayers and the sobbin' sound of their dyin' regrets! TO WARRRRRRR!

The Eyelander holds to a principle all one-eyed Scotsmen with no depth perception have known for years: you don’t kill a man by mucking about with rifles, arrows, rocks, or other long-distance rubbish. You kill him by grabbing the biggest bloody sword you can find, running up nice and close to him, and chopping the dumb bastard’s head off.

Made with pattern-welded Damascus steel, this melee-slot weapon offers a guaranteed decapitation with every killing blow. Unfortunately, because it's haunted, it will suck away some of your soul: expect a decrease in your max health at the outset. However, once the blade feeds on neck, you’ll receive a boost in max health and speed. With each new protesting head you cleave (up to four), you’ll get healthier and faster.

The Eyelander will not deal critical hits unless used in conjunction with the Chargin’ Targe’s charge ability.

The Chargin’ Targe solves a centuries-old Scottish riddle, which is that shields exist. True, the shield might block the occasional sword blow. However, they are essentially weapons to be used for hiding behind, and this is a concept the average Scotsman does not understand. “If I were to pick up this cowering-plate, I would have to put down my second sword,” a Scotsman thinks. “And surely that is madness.” The Chargin’ Targe solves this riddle by turning the useless shield into a deadly weapon you can run at people with and then bludgeon to death.

The targe replaces your tried-and-true sticky bomb launcher, but offers some unique capabilities in return, especially when used with the Eyelander. Just equipping the Chargin’ Targe provides automatic +50% fire damage resistance and +65% blast damage resistance. But the Chargin’ Targe’s main perk lies in its name. Alt-firing will hurtle you toward an enemy at a punishingly damaging high speed (far faster than a Scout can manage).

Charging also boosts the lethality of your melee weapon. Land a melee hit during a medium length charge and you'll be guaranteed a mini-crit. Land a hit during a long distance charge, and your victim will receive devastating full crit damage.

Jomama
12-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Use items you don't use and turn them into something you will..

http://www.teamfortress.com/crafting/

Jomama
12-15-2009, 10:38 PM
New Solider weapon.

The Direct Hit

Nobody can deny that, measured solely by their ability to blow people into chunky clouds of tomato soup, rockets are an incredible force for good in the world. But with their wide blast radius, they are not a particularly terrific weapon for showing off your sharpshooting skills.

Until now. A high precision version of the standard-issue rocket launcher, the Direct Hit has been engineered from the ground up for Soldiers who have mastered the art of shooting at their targets instead of vaguely near them. Those of you looking to deal splash damage, stop reading now: the Direct Hit has a 70% smaller blast radius than a traditional rocket launcher. But the rockets that come out of this thing move fast and hit hard: 80% faster and with 25% more destructive force. Best of all, for you real sharpshooters, the Direct Hit guarantees mini-crits on airborne targets.

Klaus
12-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Ok, so I play solider like 90% of the time... what do I need to do to get this new uber weapon? I just don't get the whole unlock process.

Jomama
12-15-2009, 11:41 PM
It is the achievements, but any of them for a given class, so you unlock 10 you get the first item for a class, unlock 20 you get the second.

You can go on a empty server and set up and get some of the achievments that may seem a little less likely to to just "happen"... But I've gotten all of mine just by playing.. And I've gotten them for classes I don't play just by playing...

From what I've read a few are harder than others, and will require you to play the class (medic) for example, but I got the spy gun the other day and I dont play spy at all really.. Only main weapons I havent gotten are the pyro and scouts. Got 3/3 medic, 3/3 heavy, 3/3 sniper, 1/3 spy, 1/3 scout iirc, just by playing.

Demo, Solider and Eng are the last to get upgrades.

Klaus
12-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I jumped into a game last night to attempt to unlock some stuff but was unsuccessful..... I am still pretty damn good at sniper on 2fort but that map is soooo spammy even with reduced grenades and the nerf to demos. Soilders EVERYWHERE - seems everyone wants the new weapon.