PDA

View Full Version : Batteries Plus

Klaus
05-23-2012, 12:44 PM
It's not news that Batteries Plus is a rip off.. At least in my experience they are 40-60% higher compared to the competition and online stories. I stopped in today to get a motorcycle battery for Michelle's Honda and the one they carry was $83.... my reaction was "fuck prices have gone up"!. I replaced the same battery for $55 two years ago at a dealer. The guy helping me quickly stated the he might be able to "help me out" when I suggested I would make due with my current dead battery. Sure enough he was able to sell it to me for $59. So if you absolutely need a battery from BP make sure to ask for the best price... another retailer using consumer ignorance to pad their margins.

Jomama
05-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Too bad you don't have power in the storage locker... Keeping it on a decent tender is the best way to make those little MC/ATV batteries last.. They just wear out easy if left to sit 95% of the year in my experience...

Klaus
05-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah I have one installed on that bike and it works pretty good when the bike is in the garage. Problem with that bike is if you run the lights and don't run 5,000RPM you are hitting the battery (it needs a larger lighting coil) so batteries only last a couple years.

Jomama
05-23-2012, 01:18 PM
imo keep the batteries at your house on a tender...

Its not just the light thing tho, at least there its getting some recharge, if they just sit unused for months on end they will eventually go bad too.

Make sure its a MC tender too, like 1.5 or 2 amps MAX, the larger battery chargers are 6 & 12 amps and are not good for tending MC batteries.. Least thats what the guru's say on ADVrider and such...

I cant tend the batteries I have at work for ATV's and they definitely don't last as long as the battery I have for my MC thats on a tender all winter.

Chadwick
05-23-2012, 01:52 PM
They have some fake corporate account discount that i use to bring the prices into line with more reason. But it's still a total ripoff.