PDA

View Full Version : Back to Karkand Info

Klaus
12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Here is some info on the expansion released tomorrow.

Battlefield 3′s first DLC, Battlefield 3: Back To Karkand, will be included free of charge for those who pre-order Battlefield 3. The Back To Karkand DLC includes maps, vehicles and weapons from Battlefield 2, remade for Battlefield 3. For those who do not pre-order Battlefield 3, the Back To Karkand DLC will be available for purchase at $15.
Here’s a run down of all the exclusive items included in Back to Karkand:

Weapons
MP5 (sub machine gun)

PP-19
L85A2
FAMAS
Type 88
L96A1
Jackhammer
MG36
Type 95
Type 97

Maps
Strike At Karkand
Wake Island
Gulf of Oman
Sharqi Peninsula

Vehicles
F35B fighter jet

BTR-90 infantry fighting vehicle

DPV fast transport vehicle

Game modes
Conquest Assault

Conquest Assault is a Battlefield 3 game mode that is very similar to the regular Conquest mode, where the core gameplay is about capturing and holding control points. Conquest Assault however, pits one team as attackers and the other as defenders. Conquest Assault is only available in the Back To Karkand expansion pack.

Conquest Assault objectives
Conquest Assault has one team defending all capture points, while the other team attacks and tries to capture one flag after the other. The attackers in Conquest Assault have more tickets than the defenders at the beginning.

Conquest Assault tips
As an attacker in Conquest Assault, most of the action will happen at the first capture point, where the two teams clash. This is a great opportunity for flanking and capturing some of the other flags and thereby gaining spawn points behind enemy lines.
As defenders, setting up quick defensive positions at the first flag where attackers will assault is important, but also protect pathways which give attacks access to other flags and flaking roads.

Features
Assignments

Battlefield 3 Assignments are a new way to earn unlocks in the game. There are total of 10 Assignments, as a part of the Back To Karkand expansion pack. Each assignment must be completed in order to unlock one of the Back to Karkand weapons. In addition, players will receive a dog tag for completing each assignment. The 10 Battlefield 3 assignments are:

Best Friend Forever. Unlock: FAMAS
Fixing it. Unlock: MP5
Let It Rain. Unlock: QBB-95
Spec Ops. Ulock: QBU-88
Familiar Territory. Unlock: PP-19
Professional Russian. Unlock: L85
It Goes Boom. Unlock: QBZ-97 / Type-97
Keep Your Head Down. Unlock: MG36
Creeping Death. Unlock: L96
Scarred Veteran. Unlock: Jackhammer

Source (http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand/)

Jomama
12-12-2011, 05:40 PM
H
Vehicles
F35B fighter jet

BTR-90 infantry fighting vehicle

DPV fast transport vehicle

You forgot one... The Forklift is on the list I posted on csm..

lol

Klaus
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Didn't we decide the fork lift doesn't count?

Eric
12-12-2011, 11:31 PM
I purchased...is it supposed to be downloading? F this Origin shit

Klaus
12-13-2011, 08:22 AM
It was installed with the patch a couple weeks ago. You will need to update you browser plug in and then you are set. Wake looked cool. I flew around on a empty server this morning.

MnWilly
12-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Great! Bought it, got an email saying I bought it, shows up in game news feed that I bought it but it won't let me join expansion games. Says I need to get it. Nothing more frustrating than that shit.

Klaus
12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
On your Origin client does the game show up as Battlefield 3 Limited edition with a photo of half BF3 and half back to Karkand? If not you might need to enter your code into the origin client. (not sure)

MnWilly
12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
I was given no code and I bought it directly through the origin client. I updated the browser part and everything shows that I bought it and can play it. when i try to join a game it has a pop up that says i need to buy it.

Klaus
12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Restart your computer. I sent you a screen shot of what mine looks like (to your email).

Ender
12-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Sounds like fun, lol.

Maybe they should have waited a little longer to come out with a damn expansion.

MnWilly
12-13-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm going to assume there is an issue on their end for this right now. I actually bought it through the origin client and the browser (cant wait to deal with that later!) I have followed all the instructions. My game says "up to date" my browser says "up to date" have restarted computer 2x, have tried to update game through origin and says up to date, have tried to repair game through origin and no issues there. clicked on live chat through support says wait time 65 minutes. im pretty sure the problem isnt on my end :)

Klaus
12-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Info on Assignments:

FAMAS unlock (Best Friend Forever)
10 Revives
10 Heals

G53 unlock (Fixing it)
10 Repairs
Kill 1 enemy with Repair Torch

QBB-95 unlock (Let it Rain)
20 Kills with Light machine Guns
2 Mortar Kills

QBU-88 unlock (Specops)
20 kills with Sniper Rifles
5 Laser Designations

PP-19 unlock (Familiar Territory)
Arm 10 MCOMs
Capture 10 Flags
Play 2 hours on karkand

Jomama
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Origin looks broke for me too. Log in servers are down or something, only lets me launch offline...:rolleyes:

Klaus
12-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah I saw a post on twitter from Origin a bit ago stating the login servers are down. They are investigating the problem.... (maybe its the TOR ppl ya think!)

Jomama
12-13-2011, 03:34 PM
But whats fucked, is it doesn't tell you the log in servers are down.. It tells you your pw, origin name, or email is incorrect... So I went through and changed my password... Still dont work, and I have no idea if the pw change took or not??

assholes...

Klaus
12-13-2011, 03:37 PM
That happened to me the last time the servers failed.. It's really dumb that it says your password is wrong.

Jomama
12-13-2011, 04:01 PM
The other thing I notice, their servers are down, but what if I wanted to play a single player game, its not trying to launch Origin offline...

retards..

Klaus
12-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Kinda makes you miss Steam huh ;)

Ender
12-13-2011, 05:28 PM
They did an update to the game manager. I think it just went back online because I just got home and it works fine for me.

Ender
12-13-2011, 05:51 PM
They did an update to the game manager. I think it just went back online because I just got home and it works fine for me.

Actually scratch that. When I try to play a B2K map it says I need the expansion... same problem Mike is having.

The only thing I can think of is that the order needs to be "processed" somehow before you can login to the B2K games... it should be instant, but Origin seems pretty slow with shit. It took them a week to ship my physical copy of BF3.

Ender
12-13-2011, 06:33 PM
The other thing that pisses me off about Origin is that my orders have not been showing up in the Order History... neither on the launcher program or the website. I ordered the game and expansion through the website and the order history is empty.

Ender
12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
https://helporigin.secure.force.com/CpKnowledgePage?appcontext=browser&pagecontext=CpKnowledgePage&article=ka5E0000000CieqIAC

It says after you purchase the expansion that you need to go to My Games in Origin and update the game. First I had to figure out how the fuck you are supposed to do that since there is no button below the game image to update. After figuring out that you need to right click on the game and select update, I did that. BUT IT SAYS THE GAME IS UP TO DATE!

It also says that if you purchase the expansion separately (don't have the limited edition), you should see the expansion box art in My Games.

Origin sucks.

Klaus
12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
It's shows it's unlocked for you now.

Ender
12-13-2011, 06:55 PM
It's shows it's unlocked for you now.

Only by that post on the battlelog feed. It does not show the expansion in my Origin launcher and I can't update the game.

Ender
12-13-2011, 07:06 PM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7817198.page

Seems like a common problem.

Ender
12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7817198.page

Seems like a common problem.

At the end of this forum thread, a couple of people mention that logging out of Battlelog, then loggin back in allowed them to join expansion games. I did this and it WORKED. Pretty stupid that you need to do that.

MnWilly
12-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks to Luke I got it. You have to log out, and back into "BATTLELOG" that is the web browser one, NOT ORIGIN. The login and logout is upper right corner of web browser. Thanks again LUKE

Ender
12-14-2011, 07:04 PM
IMO, aside from Wake the new maps suck ass. They all focus heavily on city combat with a shitload of alleys and multi-story buildings. Most of the time you never even know what hit you.

Eric
12-14-2011, 08:52 PM
IMO, aside from Wake the new maps suck ass. They all focus heavily on city combat with a shitload of alleys and multi-story buildings. Most of the time you never even know what hit you.

I dunno, I had fun with the new ones. Wake is cool too...