PDA

View Full Version : Nature (PBS): Bears of the Last Frontier**

Jomama
05-16-2011, 07:52 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/bears-of-the-last-frontier/introduction/6524/

So there is currently a 3 part series of "Nature" on PBS about Bears in Alaska.

Part one was a week ago.. Really some amazing footage, even better than what the loony in GrizzlyMan captured.... Not to mention the guys in this Docu has real credentials afaik.. Grizzlyman had none... The HD shots are fantastic, the bear interactions are pretty amazing given how close they got... they went over on the Alaska Peninsula (where Katmai Nat Park, McNeil River State Park are.. Grizzlyman was filmed, etc) and just sat among the bears, some getting only feet away from the camera..

Then they aired part 2 last night which includes running around with the Anchorage area F&G wildlife staff Rick & Jessy. Showing Anchorages wildlife and the unique issues with having such a large city that includes significant numbers of moose, brown and black bears...

**Coincidentally, Rick has since retired, Jessy moved up and replaced him, and I interviewed for the assistant position last week... Now hoping to make it to the second round of interviews...
This is THE job I've wanted at ADF&G since coming here... Literally been waiting out Rick and his retirement so Jessy could move up and a spot would open up...

There are repeats about every night on PBS throughout the week until part-3 airs next Sunday night (I think it will be about polar bears)...

Oh yeah, he rides a motorcycle up the dalton hwy too...

Well worth setting the DVR to catch these...

Sylvester
05-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Good luck on the job interview!

Klaus
05-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Good luck and I will check out the show.

Willas
05-17-2011, 09:06 AM
I read somewhere their periods attract bears. Bears can smell the menstruation.