PDA

View Full Version : Got this one right.

MnWilly
03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Last year I made my first stock purchase. I bought both Duluth Mining and Franconia Minerals. Both are copper mine exploration companies in Northern MN. I have done really well, almost triple. I'm not trying to brag because I really didn't invest very much money. Just wanted to pass this along to you guys as a hot stock tip...

Now that Duluth has bought up Franconia I see Duluth doing really well in the next year or so. During the takeover I was given the option to cash out Franconia or take Duluth shares. I chose to take Duluth shares. I am also planning on investing some more into Duluth as I see the next year or two being really good for them. Especially when you start seeing articles like these....

http://www.startribune.com/business/117559518.html

Klaus
03-08-2011, 11:10 AM
The BWCA guys are all pissy about Duluth - but it doesn't seem to have mattered.

MnWilly
03-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Yep, I don't blame them either. Part of the project is literally at the front door of the BWCA. This is potentially one of the worlds largest supply of copper and other precious metals though. Looks like most of the mining will be underground so hopefully very minimal surface impact. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Klaus
03-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Well I follow a few of the BWCA people on Twitter and it looks like the new scare tactic is "they are gonna mine and just leave it for the state/county to clean up" blah blah.

Dath
03-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Ugh, yeah, I am regretting this big time. I was just about to buy 300 shares last year when they were at $1.40 a share...been kicking myself the last few months as they have more than doubled that.

Jomama
03-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Well I follow a few of the BWCA people on Twitter and it looks like the new scare tactic is "they are gonna mine and just leave it for the state/county to clean up" blah blah.

Yeah, like they NEVER do that.... Superfund site? Whats that...

MnWilly
03-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Holy crap I'm glad my mining company isn't involved in uranium exploration. I was just looking and uranium mining companies are dropping like bricks. Might be a good time to buy though.

Chadwick
03-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Yesterday seemed to be a good day to buy funds...