PDA

View Full Version : The Social Network.

Jomama
01-14-2011, 04:59 PM
I didn't know what to expect.. Like docu-drama's, but despite its cast I didn't see how this story could be all that interesting. Pleasantly surprised, not in the overall plot, but it was pretty damn funny, the dialog is fantastic, great music, and kinda a unique "feel" to it.... On more than one occasion I stopped it to finish lol'ing about some random line (mostly from zuckerberg but the twins were good too)

Kyrillian
01-14-2011, 09:49 PM
I would giveit a 4.5/5. Only because I felt there was more movie than there was content for the movie. Fincher did an awesome job with the film but after the 2 hour point it got a little tiring just because the story was running out of steam.

Loved the score too. Trent Reznor making movie soundtracks is an awesome idea. They are discussing doing a Fight Club musical which would normally make me guffaw, however Reznor has expressed interest in writing the music.

I read that Fincher initially wanted to do the opening scene in one continuous camera shot that followed Zuckerberg from the bar he was at all the way through the quad (to the gymnasium) and into his desk chair in his dorm but couldn't due to budget/time constraints. I would have given it a 5/5 if he did, I have a hard on for those shots.

Klaus
01-14-2011, 11:54 PM
I agree 4.5 and I want to read the book now. Same guy wrote it that wrote bringing down the house about the MIT blackjack team. Ben Mezrich

Kyrillian
01-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah Bringing down the House was awesome, too bad the movie was terrible.