PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss now available on Red Box

Kyrillian
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this yet.

Here are the questions:

Does Childress get fired mid-season or do they wait for the end?

Where does Moss end up?

I say if he gets claimed off waivers it will either be by: Jacksonville, Tennesee, Houston, St. Louis, Washington, or Tampa Bay. All teams that could make a push for the playoffs and could use another receiver.

Him on Jacksonville keeps defenses honest and prevents them from stacking the box on MJD.

If Kenny Britt's injury is as serious as Fisher is making it sound, they will need Moss or it will revert to teams just stacking on CJ2K like they were in the first 4 games.

If he clears waivers, I bet he goes back to New England. He knows the system and Bellicheck may feel he's learned his lesson. Also I think Bellicheck would lol about getting a draft pick and getting the player back for a fraction of the cost.

What will Moss's fantasy production be for the rest of the year?

I can't see him being anything better than a flex or a 3rd WR option for the rest of the year. It's hard to tell if he's lost a step since he rarely gives 100%, but he has been a bust to this point and if he goes to a team other than NE I can't see him adjusting to their system and being relevant in the timeframe of fantasy leagues.

Grafton
11-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm no Patriots fan, but I would LOVE to see Randy Moss clear waivers and end up back in New England, if just for this sports ticker:

NE Patriots trade Randy Moss (WR) to MINN Vikings for 3rd Round Pick and Randy Moss (WR).

Klaus
11-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Childress is a goner. Not sure WTF is going on with this train wreck of a team.

Trany
11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I think there will be a push by the Wilfs to get Cowher.

MnWilly
11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
If he goes back to New England there will be and should be an investigation. I suspect Vikings may get 3 rd pick back as they will claim the move on NE part to be deliberate.

Ender
11-02-2010, 03:32 PM
He wont go back to New England... they got rid of him because of his shenanigans... they just didn't make that public. He was already replaced by Branch, who New England used a 4th round pick to get from Seattle. He crossed Belichick one to many times, which was probably only twice, and was told to GTFO. The only difference is that they got something in return to show for it.

After hearing a bit more on the radio this morning about this situation, I actually agree with getting rid of Moss at this point, based on his performance the past couple games and his ridiculous statements to the press. He completely made an ass of himself, and he gave zero effort on the field during the New England game.

Did everyone forget why Moss was sent packing from here in the first place? He pretended to pull his pants down to the crowd, then walked off of the field in the middle of the game. He is a psychotic ego maniac.

So, I really don't blame Childress for releasing him. What I do blame him for, and the whole organization for, is using a draft pick to bring him here in the first place when they clearly did not have a plan for dealing with him. You should know what you are getting when you get a guy like that, and you have to be prepared to MANAGE the situation in a way that results in him performing on the field. He is without a doubt one of the most talented players in the league, but only when he wants to be. Childress did not have a plan to get him to perform on the field. Belichick was able to do that with him.

Whatever, I hope Moss ends up on the 0-7 Bills... he will be sooo happy there. As for whether Childress should get fired, I think that depends on what happens through the rest of the season, or at least through the next couple games. If they go 8-1 and make it to the playoffs, which I highly doubt, he won't be going anywhere. But if they finish 8-8 or 7-9 like I think they will, he will be out of here and this whole organization and player base will undergo some massive modification. Also, if they loose to Arizona this weekend, I think he is definitely gone.

Jomama
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
He is a psychotic ego maniac.

So, I really don't blame Childress for releasing him. What I do blame him for, and the whole organization for, is using a draft pick to bring him here in the first place when they clearly did not have a plan for dealing with him. You should know what you are getting when you get a guy like that, and you have to be prepared to MANAGE the situation in a way that results in him performing on the field. He is without a doubt one of the most talented players in the league, but only when he wants to be. Childress did not have a plan to get him to perform on the field. Belichick was able to do that with him.

Yep, but what I don't get is any suggestion that Chili gets a pass on this.. Moss is the same crazy wasted talent mouthy douche nozzle, a "psychotic ego maniac", (lol) last Sunday in N.E. that he was a month ago.... He's the coach... So coach, or gtfo.... "I'm sorry Brad... Did you think it would be easy?" :rolleyes: Releasing him is a weasel move.. Just a distraction from who's really "responsible" for a waste of money and a draft pick..:confused:

Vikes are now known for not one, but the TWO! biggest joke trades in NFL history... Way to go Brad.... lol

Ender
11-02-2010, 04:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561

Dath
11-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Childress got rid of Moss because Moss called him out. Without saying it directly, Moss basically told the world what (most) Vikings fans already knew - Childress is an asshat of a coach. Childress has a god complex about him that is based on his own delusions. Bill Belichick can have that because, whether you hate him or love him, you cannot deny he is one of the single best coaches in sports, yes sports, history.

Moss's interview basically sums up the exact reason why the Vikings continue to plow along the same road they have all season - the attitude of the coach when they lose is "Aww, tough luck guys, we'll get'em next week!" In New England, you lose, you'll be hearing Belichick in your sleep and that is the motivation to not lose. Childress couldn't motivate a group of 7 year olds, let alone grown men. They might as well just fire him now because the season is already a total loss.

I would not be surprised if Moss ends up with the Cowboys. Jerry Jones's biggest regret of the last 20 years is not drafting Moss and with the way the season is going, they need something to spark interest in Dallas. The Bills will not pick him up after the T.O. experience last year and Carolina has bigger problems than a WR. Dallas is 3rd in line...

Kyrillian
11-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Jerry Jones has already said he has no intention of signing Moss. Unless Moss can play QB or RB they have no room for him.

Also to start another debate, I don't think you can call Bellicheck the best coach in all of sports in history. There are too many in the conversation and too many different nuances between sports. Is he one of the best? No doubt.

Phil Jackson, Red Aurbach, Casey Stengel, Don Shula, Tom Landry, etc. You could go on and on.

Ender
11-03-2010, 12:40 PM
You cant really excuse Moss' actions both on and off the field and simply say that Childress was the whole problem in this matter. Childress doesn't have much say over the rant this jackass made about the food provided. I think Childress probably chewed his ass out after that happened on Friday and that is why Moss didn't put in any effort against the Patriots.

That is not to say Childress is totally innocent in this. He made a mistake in not having a plan to manage a player like this in a way that makes him perform on the field when they gave up a draft pick to bring him here. Should he be fired for that? I don't think so yet, but it certainly doesn't help his case any on top of being 2-5. Like I said, it depends on the next game first, then how they finish the season after that.

Kyrillian
11-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Anytime there is an issue involving Randy Moss he's going to be a part of the blame.

I think the main issue deciding Childress' fate will be that after the Wilf's traded to get Moss, Childress cut him without even discussing it with them and could effectively cost the team almost 4 million dollars for nothing. No matter who officially controls the roster, you don't make a decision that will impact your boss' bottom line significantly without first discussing it with them.

I also think they are making a big deal over nothing with his comments on the catering. It seems like Childress supporters (all 2 of them) are making Chilly out to be a white knight who saved this poor local mom-n-pop caterer from the evil Randy Moss. I call BS.

I think I said it before in this thread but I'm not sure. I believe Childress felt that Moss intentionally played poorly against New England in order for the Vikes to have little chance at actually winning the game. You don't cut a player of Moss' caliber over remarks he made about a caterer. He didn't get cut when he ran over a cop, I don't think he'd get cut for bulldozing a caterer. Sure Childress wasn't the coach then but if you look across the league at things people have done and not been cut for, the list is pretty ridiculous.

Ender
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
There are apparently many players on the Vikings team who were pissed at Moss for his off field actions, the catering issue included but not the only one. One of those players was Favre. That is the reason that it factored into the decision to cut him.

Ender
11-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Moss goes to the Titans. I wonder if Kenny Britt will get in a fist fight with him?

Klaus
11-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Rice returns to practice
Sidney Rice is practicing for the first time this season after returning from hip injury

Jomama
11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Assuming these are correct.

Without Moss: Harvin had 12 catches for 106 yards and 1 TD (3 games).
With Moss: Harvin had 19 catches for 287 yards (169 in last 2 games) and 3 TD's (4 games)

Without Moss: Welker has 14 catches for 102 yards and 0 TD's (3 games).
With Moss: Welker had 26 catches for 217 yards and 3 TD's (4 games).

Honestly I was disgusted with the guy for giving up on that pass last Sunday, but the stats above are pretty telling...

Trany
11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
ESPN has a poll on which trade was worst for the Vikings:

Trading for Moss, or Herschel Walker. The walker trade might be the worst trade in all of sports, one could argue Babe Ruth, but the wikings shot themselves in the face for a decade for one horrable pick that allowed dallas to win a few super bowls, and get troy aikman, emmit smith, and the coke machine michael irvin.

I gues they are looking for the retard readers to have no recolection beyond 3 years.

Dath
11-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Jerry Jones has already said he has no intention of signing Moss. Unless Moss can play QB or RB they have no room for him.

Also to start another debate, I don't think you can call Bellicheck the best coach in all of sports in history. There are too many in the conversation and too many different nuances between sports. Is he one of the best? No doubt.

Phil Jackson, Red Aurbach, Casey Stengel, Don Shula, Tom Landry, etc. You could go on and on.

I did say one of the best, not the best!

Kyrillian
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Sneaky editer

Eric
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Childress is garbage and needs to go.

We're forgetting about the fact that he will not cut ties with T-Jack because that will be admitting that he made a mistake hitching his wagon to that talentless piece of shit.

We also forgot about the draft, where we traded down to get Chris (injured) Cook and Toby (white running back) Gerhart instead of Jhavid Best. Yeah, I'd much rather have a Jhavid Best than Gerhart right now, even if Best is dinged up. At least he's shown signs of being explosive.

I think Joe brought up the biggest point of Moss: how the other wide recievers were IMPACTED hehe. Percy was getting shut down with our other WR's and suddenly with Moss there he was blowing up. Now we've got Percy back at the WR1 spot, Berrian at #2 and oh em gee, it's Camarillo, Greg Lewis, Hank Baskett. That's just a plethora of talent right there let me tell you.

Childress hate point #8: his love for the Philadelphia Eagles. Remember two years ago when he brought in that old QB from the Eagles, signed him for 1 week and then cut him? What was that, Koy Detmer or some shit? Handed his old QB friend from $75,000 for ONE WEEK because Chilly can't seem to figure out that if a team has cut a player from their PRACTICE SQUAD, that means they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE NFL!

My brother is fully convinced (and it's scary that this might be 100% accurate) that if Chilly is the coach of this team come draft time we will not be drafting a QB like we need to and should, we will draft a right guard. And we will probably trade down to do it. Or a defensive tackle. And again, we won't make a splash and take one of the Ndomikong (sp) Suh's, but we'll take a 4th round DT and get another Letroy Guion or Jamie Kennedy or some other C-class POS. Oh no, Mike is fully convinced that if Chilly is here, our QB will be none other than the former Philadelphia Eagle, Donavon McNabb. Which would be the worst move. Hitching your wagon to (yet another) old, washed up QB and trying to milk one more good season out of him. Does Childress not understand the concept of a young QB? You have to give a young QB several seasons to learn and get to the point where they can start! There aren't that many Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco/Mark Sanchez's out there!

Chilly needs to get fired, and I would be perfectly fine watching Leslie Frazier motivate these guys. Then again, Leslie Frazier is responsible for our defense, which for the first time in Vikings history (I think), just went 3 games without a sack. Nice.

Trany
11-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Nope, Call Cowher, he likes aggressive D lines, and power running. And i highly doubt the wolfes are going to go for a untested rookie coach.

While you are at it get an all white o Line, look at Peytons line in Indy, McKinny and Loadholt are big stupid pieces of shit, Hey lets also let a stud center go to free agancey.

Klaus
11-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Kinda old now but this is so well done.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmJcUlrkMNg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmJcUlrkMNg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Grafton
11-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Does Childress get fired mid-season or do they wait for the end?

And boom goes the dynamite.

Trany
11-22-2010, 09:06 PM
A Canadian chiming in on Football, whats next Baseball?

Grafton
11-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Adding more teams to the playoffs may actually give the Jays a shot at the postseason and make me interested again. But then I'll watch a game and remember how terrible a TV sport it is.

Kyrillian
11-23-2010, 09:21 AM
If they add more playoff teams they really need to shorten the season. This was the first year I was just completely bored with baseball by the end of the season. I had like 2 fantasy football leagues goin, the pick em pool, and the suicide pool. I'd still watch baseball but I was fully in football mode.

Grafton
11-23-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd agree with that, usually at the start of the baseball season I do end up watching a fair number of Blue Jays games. But by mid-season when they are above .500 and 4th in the division I stop caring. If the Jays were in contention I would watch every game late season, but Kyr's right, they'd need to shorten the season because by November I'm fully into football and hockey seasons.