PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs. Packers game

Ender
10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
The NFL should get absolutely crucified for the officiating during that debacle of a football game... but they wont. They will defend themselves like they always do after crap like this and give some BS explanation of why that was/wasn't a catch, why they weren't calling holding, why Moss really pushed off when he didn't, etc.

Firstly, there is absolutely no way that was not a catch by Shaincoe. It doesn't matter if a part of a ball touched the ground, that doesn't make it not a catch by any rule. He had full control of the ball the entire way to the ground, when he hit the ground, and after landing. That's a catch. It is absurd that they overruled it when they need "irrefutable evidence" to do so. If that TD stays, that is the difference in the game right there... 4 points. They would have then been able to kick a field goal at the end of the game to win it.

Meanwhile, they missed calling a TD by the Packers not a catch when that ball WAS bobbled and hit the ground.

The other stuff was more minor, but still absolutely terrible.

Even though I mostly blame the officiating for the outcome of that game, you have to pin some of it on the Vikings. Favre is playing hurt, and it shows. He always plays poor when he plays hurt... just look at the end of his season with the Jets when his shoulder was messed up, and look at some of the seasons with the Packers where he threw shitloads of interceptions. They are giving away too many turnovers that are turning into too many points against them.

The second problem is coaching. It is too conservative for this team. They are not aggressive enough with their play calling early in the game, and WTF was with letting the clock run out before halftime when you have 2 timeouts and still a good chance to get into field goal range? Terrible coaching decisions.

I guess I am not surprised though, because I predicted the Vikings to go 7-9 this season and they are right on pace to do that and will if they play Favre while hurt at all. When he gets hurt, he should be out of the game like every other QB in the league because you KNOW those interceptions are coming. They will loose against the Patriots for sure next week, which puts them at 2-5 and in really big trouble.

Time to start watching Hockey.

Klaus
10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Firstly, there is absolutely no way that was not a catch by Shaincoe. .

I said when that happened we were gonna lose by the difference.... and we did. Horrible officiating and the Vikes just can't get a lead this year - they are always coming from behind and will fail every time.

Kyrillian
10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Childress should have pulled out Favre. His post game comments he acts like he was going to pull him as a penalty for performing badly in this game, he needs to pull him for his overall poor performance.

This year there are only 3 Quarterbacks who have played worse than Favre, Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, and Jimmy Clausen. Those 3 QBs all have 1 thing in common, they've all been benched at some point!

Childress doesn't have the balls to bench Favre for a game and ruin his consecutive start streak, so he has to do it midgame. In doing so he would show more guts than Mangini had when Favre was with the Jets and it would also do wonders to get his team to actually respect him.

The best thing that could happen to the vikes at this point is if Favre gets suspended.

Ender
10-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I agree that once it was evident that Favre's play was being significantly affected by being hurt, he should have been pulled. I think that was evident after his first interception.

I also think that if his ankle is not 100% for next weeks game, which i doubt, he should not start. I would rather have him get to 100% later than continue to play on it.

It is time for Childress to grow some balls and make good coaching decisions. Otherwise he should not continue to be a coach.

Trany
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I had the part of me die in 1998 where I actually cared about MN sports. I did however think the officiating was poop.

Klaus
10-25-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't think the alternative QB is any better but...

Favre has fractures in left ankle
Coach Brad Childress said that quarterback Brett Favre has two fractures in his left ankle, but didn't rule Favre out for Sunday's game. |

Ender
10-25-2010, 03:26 PM
He is in a walking boot. One of those fractures is the same one that was surgically repaired. He won't play. Streak over... enter Tjax.

Like I said, time to watch Hockey.

Ender
10-25-2010, 03:35 PM
"Childress talked with VP of Officiating Carl Johnson, who said that the Shiancoe TD should NOT have been overturned."

Uh oh... the cat is out of the bag.

Ender
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
"Favre has an "avulsion" fracture (when a ligament separates a piece of bone from the primary bone) and a stress fracture in ankle, which was surgically repaired this offseason."

http://www.childrensmemorial.org/depts/sportsmedicine/medial_epicondyle_avulsion_fx.aspx

It says estimated time of recovery for an avulsion fracure is 4-6 weeks if the joint is immobilized during that time. It is apparently the worst kind of fracture you can get in a joint.

Not good news for anyone hoping Favre would play.

Chadwick
10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Typical Vikings.

Childress didn't bench farve because he has no control over farve. NONE.

Farve decides whether he plays or not.

All i have to add is.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA what a terrible organization.

Grafton
10-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Time to start watching Hockey.

That's what I like to hear Ix! Koivu is tearing it up on my Fantasy Hockey team so far this year.

Also, with respect to Favre sitting. From what I can tell, this guy is driven by ego. There is absolutely no chance he is sitting if he has any say in the matter (it appears he has all the say in the matter).

Though I'll ask this, if he retires for 4 games while injured and then makes a triumphant return c/w press conference and crying, does his streak stay alive? I'd check into this, cause it appears to be his best option.

Ender
10-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Sounds like they are going to play the old gimp. We will see how many interceptions it takes for Childress to pull him. I am guessing 3. But after that, the game will be over anyway.

Kyrillian
10-28-2010, 03:01 PM
They should just tank the rest of the season at this point and go after a QB in the draft. If they don't get someone decent behind center they are going to waste the prime years of AP, Rice, Harvin, and the golden years of Moss.

Jomama
10-28-2010, 04:17 PM
They should just tank the rest of the season at this point and go after a QB in the draft. If they don't get someone decent behind center they are going to waste the prime years of AP, Rice, Harvin, and the golden years of Moss.

lol, I think this is the Vikqueen mission statement, never get a top tier QB unless he has his AARP card.... Moon, George, Cunningham, Favre...

Eric
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
lol, I think this is the Vikqueen mission statement, never get a top tier QB unless he has his AARP card.... Moon, George, Cunningham, Favre...

McNabb.

Jomama
11-05-2010, 04:01 PM
McNabb.

:confused: When did he play for the Queens?