PDA

View Full Version : Another kind of Football pick'em pool..

Jomama
09-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Just thought I'd offer it up, my BiL (all legit, no shenanigans with the $$) runs a pick'em pool where you choose one game a week, and pick the winner to advance. That's it, pick one games winner each week. You can pick a team as many weeks as you want. Winner take all (w/possible ties if it goes to the SB). The entry fee is $100. I've done it the last 3 years, and there has been 60-80 people playing, payout to 1 person one year, 3 in one, and a 6 way tie in another.... Nice payouts.

Get me your email if interested and i'll send you the site and info. All online, and I believe you can do picks in advance..

MnWilly
09-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I did one of these one year and I just didn't like the whole if your wrong, your out. I like the style Scott is doing much better... just my .02 worth.

Jomama
09-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah I get it, that is certainly the risk, gotta pick real smart early on... People fall off fast.. But I feel way more confident that I can pick 1 winner a week than picking enough total overall to win a season. And the payout in this one is insane relative to the buy-in... Didn't mean to imply I was competing with Scott's, just offering it up to anyone interested in additional games. I play a monday night football ##'s game too but thats limited to the number of invites.

edit* u can enter more than once too.

Klaus
09-15-2010, 09:15 AM
So I know Rich and Joe are in this pool. What's the final tally for cash and are you still in?

Jomama
09-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Both of us made it through week one. 13 people got knocked out... $9800 is the pot.

Kyrillian
09-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Think I'm going with Green Bay in week 2! Let's hope CJ Spiller matches his production in week 1.

Jomama
09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Rich & I made it another week... About 10 very unhappy people picked Dallas.. Dropped another 18 players. Down to 65.

Kyrillian
09-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Joe and I survive another week, we both picked New England over Buffalo and NE made us sweat with their awful, awful defense.

Jomama
09-28-2010, 08:09 PM
we both picked New England

Along with almost everyone else, the whole thing would of been over pretty quick had NE lost...

Kyrillian
09-28-2010, 08:46 PM
I was surprised that not a single person picked Green Bay with all the hype they've been getting. More people picked the Niners than picked Green Bay lolz.

Kyrillian
10-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Joe and I both bit the dust in the upset week. San Diego's punt unit ruined all my hopes and dreams. Carson Palmer decided Joe wasn't getting a new igloo when he underhanded a throw directly to a cornerback for a pick six.

Jomama
10-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Joe and I both bit the dust in the upset week. San Diego's punt unit ruined all my hopes and dreams. Carson Palmer decided Joe wasn't getting a new igloo when he underhanded a throw directly to a cornerback for a pick six.

Not to mention 20+ other people, last weekend halved the remaining people...