PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

Kyrillian
05-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I got turned onto this show by Short after I finished watching Dexter. At first I was on the fence about it but I just finished season 2 last night (it's currently airing season 3) and I have to say this is easily one of the top shows on TV.

The show is about a chemistry teacher who has kind of had a failed life. He gets diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and has to turn to desperate measures in order to leave his family money.

This show isn't really like most dramas on TV in the last 10 years. It's a very slow moving show that is driven by the acting and the writing. The lead actor, Bryan Cranston (the dad from Malcolm in the Middle), has won the Lead Actor emmy for both seasons of the show even though the first season was only 6 episodes due to the writer's strike.

The characters are all great and they really make them unique, there are no stock characters here.

So far the seasons all build really slow where about midway through you're like ok this is boring, then they just start rolling and you can't stop watching them. As an example, it took me about 5 weeks to watch the first 6 episodes of season 2, then I watched the last 7 this weekend because i just couldn't stop watching it.

If you have time to commit to catching up on this show, I highly recommend it. If you do, just be patient!

Jomama
05-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I just finished Season 2, I like it, one of the better written shows out there.

Kyrillian
07-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Season 4 starts tonight. Time to start watching it people!