PDA

View Full Version : Kick-Ass!

Kyrillian
04-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Everyone needs to go see this movie. This movie never gets boring from start to finish. It edits in the origin stories of the main characters pretty seemlessly so the movie never drags. By the end of the movie you are really relating to Kick-Ass which makes the climax all the more impactful.

The soundtrack is pretty awesome and there are certain songs that just fit what's going on the screen perfectly.

As everyone is saying, and correctly so, Hit-Girl is the best part of the movie. She has the best one-liners and is really the driving force behind all the action. The actor plays the part perfectly too, she's not just a cold-blooded killer she's a little kid whose idea of fun is chopping up drug dealers using an amazing arsenal of weapons. So she's got a smile on her face like she's at chucky cheese when she's brutalizing people.

I have a thing for the movies that try to take a realistic look at the super-hero genre. Movies like Watchmen and Unbreakable. I think Kick-Ass covers it in a pretty unique way that is pretty believable. If real life super heroes were to start appearing, it would be the kids and teenagers trying to do it, not the thirty year-old men.

Also to note, Nicolas Cage is pretty awesome in this. If he makes a movie like this for every Wicker Man, I'd be a happy camper.

Watch for the few lines/scenes where they make fun of existing super hero movies.

5/5

Chadwick
04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
...which makes the climax all the more impactful.

Bring on the grammar Nazi!

Sylvester
04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Lol

Eric
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
I've been so busy I haven't posted, but I went and saw this movie and I loved it.

One of the most entertaining movies I've seen in years. Very fun, very violent, very loud, but I really enjoyed it.

5/5

Jomama
05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I agree with all ya'all...:D