PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Eric
03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Hellboy_2_poster.jpg
Hellboy II: The Golden Army

I had to force myself to sit through this one, much like the last one, and found that I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't know much about Hellboy when I watched the first movie but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

The story wasn't bad, characters were fleshed out reasonably well, action was fast paced and the special effects (for the most part) were great. You could see where they cut corners, but you could also see other parts where they spent a lot of time and effort getting it just right. Selma Blair bored me (again) but the villain was good and although the ending seemed abrupt, I wasn't disappointed.

4/5

gigi
04-01-2010, 05:05 PM
heh yeah i was happy with this one. i liked the first one and i liked this one :)

Ender
04-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I was not impressed when I saw it a while ago. 2/5

Trany
04-02-2010, 10:43 AM
I was not impressed when I saw it a while ago. 2/5

Fag, never mind, you like all 3000 saw movies.

I like comic movies, that they do good. There was a time when any movies based on a comic or graphic novel sucked balls. I think Marvel and DC have gotten better with not putting crap out, except for Hulk, electra, daredevil...

gigi
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
the hulk with edward norton was an ok movie i think.

Ender
04-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Fag, never mind, you like all 3000 saw movies.

I like comic movies, that they do good. There was a time when any movies based on a comic or graphic novel sucked balls. I think Marvel and DC have gotten better with not putting crap out, except for Hulk, electra, daredevil...

I like many comic movies too. I just didn't like the Hellboy movies. The script was cheesy and took away from the plot, which was not interesting at all.

Sure, Ron Perlman plays a great role and I think does a good job at making his character interesting. And visually the characters and movie as a whole were good. But some of the dialogue between characters just sucked. And what the fuck is with Elves that look like Vampires?

You can add X-men Origins Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Spiderman 3 to the list of recent comic movies that have sucked... along with Hellboy.

Naya
04-14-2010, 12:47 PM
I'd also give Hellboy II a 2/5. So-so kinda movie. The dialog definitely took away anything decent the movie could have done.

I also agree with Luke that X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Spiderman 3 all were full of fail. And not just on my crazy high standards for film-making (damn film class!). On a simple level of enjoyment, those movies were just bad.

Kyrillian
04-14-2010, 04:02 PM
The whole X-Men series is terrible. The only reason people didn't hate the first one is because everyone had been hoping for an X-Men movie for years.

Now they are going to further butcher that franchise with all these stupid spin-offs. Deadpool, First Class, Wolverine 2, etc. Deadpool is an awesome character that definitely deserves his own movie, but I can tell you now it's going to be terrible. Fox needs to sell the rights for X-Men back to Marvel Studios so they can try to salvage that crapfest. For every semi-decent movie Fox puts out they put out 10 terrible movies.

Since the beginning of 2008 Fox has put out nearly 40 movies. Of those 40, 3-4 were good (Avatar, Fantastic Mr. Fox, 500 Days of Summer, Taken). I'm not even sure if I should count 500 Days of Summer since that was produced by Fox's indie wing that still has a little self-respect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_films
Scroll down to see the most recent crap.

Jomama
04-14-2010, 04:17 PM
The whole X-Men series is terrible. The only reason people didn't hate the first one is because everyone had been hoping for an X-Men movie for years.

eh.. Xmen was my favorite comic by far, huge fanboy.. But I was not disappointed with the first two... I prob like the second one the most.. the third was total meh..

I think the whole problem was that they didn't really plan out the writing well and then it gets worse as it went along, it was like they just tried to cram little parts of the best plot lines of what? 30 years of comics into it, even plot lines that where not consistent in the comics ( they had a ton of Alt-timelines, alt-futures, old plots and new plots, in the comics.) The whole arc was just disjointed and didn't wrap up well....

I actually enjoyed Wolverine, just because I expected it to be way, way worse than it was...

I think you could keep the existing actors in the xmen movies if they just got decent writers..

Kyrillian
04-15-2010, 01:38 PM
I loved X-men at the time and I like X2, but seeing what could be done with a comic-book movie now and looking back they are pretty terrible. I thought the casting of X-men was great, the director was awesome, the story was good enough but it was really just a mish-mosh of like 10 different storylines.

I realize that for them to sell an X-Men movie to the masses they needed Wolverine in that movie, but I really didn't like the liberties they took with the characters like Kiddie/Useless Ice Man, Rogue, and Pyro. In the other movies they ruined Kitty Pryde, Colossus, and never even used Gambit.

They started the franchise not knowing really how successful it was going to be and they butchered the X-lore, so then in movies going forward just really destroyed it because they wanted to throw so much at the viewer to catch them.

The ultimate abortion was what they did in X3. When I was a kid the Dark Phoenix saga was probably my favorite story-line in X-Men and they just destroyed it.

I would LOVE to see an X-Men reboot. Would also love to see one with some dignity. I really get annoyed when they have a movie featuring a man with KNIVES FOR HANDS who never gets to do any real damage.