PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tub Time Machine

Kyrillian
03-29-2010, 12:49 PM
This movie is definitely a must-see for anyone who survived the 80s. The characters are great, they are likeable and despicable all at the same time. The movie has plenty of 80s references including Red Dawn, Better Off Dead, and an awesome character/running joke involving Crispin Glover from Back to the Future.

Although my favorite reference was to a movie that came out in the 90s regarding time travel (I won't name the movie since it would ruin the reference).

Rob Cordry is probably the funniest part of this movie but all the other characters give him some good competition. Clark Duke is an awesome straight-man for the movie.

After seeing this movie I started looking up more stuff with Clark Duke in it and came across a web series he did with his best friend, Michael Cera. The series is Clark & Michael and the episode I watched was pretty funny. It's Clark Duke and Michael Cera playing kind of caracatures of themselves as writers trying to sell a script for a TV show to a major studio. The episodes are only 10 minutes each so pretty easy to watch.

I give HTTM a 4/5. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because there were a couple of jokes early on that went for cheap gross-out laughs that didn't really work, although later in the movie there is one that is hilarious.

Eric
03-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Nice! I was hoping this one would be good.

Klaus
03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Glad it was good - now I have a reason to see it.

gigi
04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
yay! i was really hoping this one was good. now i have to see when i can go see it.