PDA

View Full Version : Aziz Ansari

Kyrillian
03-05-2010, 12:13 PM
I am kind of late to the game but I just recently started watching some of the stand-up this guy does. Everyone probably knows him even if they haven't seen his stand-up, he's on Parks and Recreations and was previously part of the Human Giant comedy group.

I first saw him a few months ago when a series of virals he did to promote the movie Funny People were making the rounds on the web. He did a 3 part documentary on his character in the film, a stand-up comic named Raaaaaaaandy. If you have a chance, check those out. None of the topics or material he does in the Raaaaaaaandy videos is overly funny, but the character and delivery are hilarious.

I recently started watching some of his stand-up clips on youtube and they are hilarious. If you haven't seen him, check out his clips for "Harris", "Coldstone", and "Sheets".

His bit on Sheets is still making me laugh.

Klaus
03-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I watched the last special and I will say he is funny..... but some of his bits are too long and the punch lines lack. So I would say 40% = gold, 60% = meh. Definitely worth the download. Some of the shit he says after his punch lines however were really good.

Kyrillian
03-26-2010, 12:52 PM
The only part I didn't care for on the special was the part he did as Raaaandy. He basically just re-enacted everything from the web videos.

Klaus
03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I didn't know him before I watched him so that part didn't make any sense to me. Just like most comics I bet if I knew his material before seeing the special I would have laughed more.

Cake
03-27-2010, 09:24 PM
I bet dayvah likes him

Sylvester
03-31-2010, 10:10 AM
They call that shit "Ust".

Eric
04-01-2010, 03:08 PM
...check out his clips for "Harris", "Coldstone", and "Sheets".

"Harris" was mildly amusing until he said "I started poking him on Facebook and sending him all sorts of Vampire requests or whatever the fuck that shit is..." and that part made me laugh.

"Coldstone" & "Sheets" were meh...his delivery seems a little forced & scripted. He is a funny guy though...