PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Bad Company 2

Jomama
01-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Despite the my extreme misgivings about EA...:cool:

I got it, pre-purchase gave you instant access to the "beta" although it comes out in a month so whats the diff between this an a demo :confused:

Not bad for a unpolished beta, playable at least (if you get lag just start over and rejoin atm, they are having probs with the server console, I had no lag in my game)..

Very realistic and to scale, armor seemed balanced but real... Fully destructable enviro... Like you can blow away shit someone is hiding behind. Blow up a building with people in it, etc... Detail was a little lacking on everything but the playerskins tho. Kinda Modern Warfare meets BF2ish.. Needs work and fine tuning but could be a very fun game, especially if they figure out how to emphasize all the "realness" evident even in beta.
:)

Jomama
03-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Release is far better than the Beta I was playing...

Very good game imo, even at release, so it should only get better.. More "real" than MW2 imo.. plus the added fun of getting to drive armor & helo's (although I cant get my old joystick to work to fly yet)...

Similar to MW2 in that it has XP, ranks, an achievements (w/a added Vehicle catagory) but with only 4 standard classes that can then be customized as you level..

Maps are downright amazing... Bigger and less restricted than MW maps... some are downright huge, lots of details, very much part of the incredibly real setting of the game...

Server browser is clunky and needs work (typical of EA) and you cant save you class loadouts ATM, hoping that will change soon as its a PITA..

I was told if you don't have a EA account you can go register on their site and input that your birthday is a few days away (give it time to get in their system) and they will send you a 25% off a EA game coupon to your email for your BD.. Can get this game for $40 iirc.

Klaus
03-09-2010, 10:13 AM
I will grab this in the next couple weeks.

Kurise
03-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Picked up BC2 today and boy is it different than MWF2.

Jomama your woes about the Server Browser are still in the live game. The first few times I attempted to use it, it just sat at "waiting for data".

I was able to get it working once, but that was after I hit cancel and it appeared.

The movement and aiming is a little more sluggish than MWF2. While sprinting, you cannot strafe, only turn with the mouse. I'm sure you've already heard about no proning, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm enjoying myself so far, but it's certainly more difficult to pick up and play than MWF2 it seems. Took me a while to get the hang of the sluggish aiming and the fact that a Headshot on normal mode doesn't always kill the target.

The graphics in game are really good, but get incredibly annoying after a while. Most stages you're either fighting in the shittiest sand storm on the fucking planet or the shittiest snow storm on the fucking planet.

Either way I'm enjoying it for now. But the big thing is BC2 and MWF2 are two completely different games.

Jomama
03-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Send me a friend invite if you want Kurise, its Jomama in game.

We figured out last night some of the random not joining is probably just reserved slots.

Aside from that I really haven't had probs with the browser other than its slow. They did a server upgrade last Fri/Sat and its def better now.

Big difference between hardcore and normal mode armor levels, I kinda prefer hardcore just because it is frustrating in normal mode if your not some kind of headshot master.. Body shots are pretty weak on normal. I don't think you can filter HC vs. Normal in the browser tho..

I love the armor tho, so I'll be playing it for a while. Need to get a joystick that works for flying at some point.

There are complaints of mouse acceleration being on whether you enable it or not, this could account for the poor aiming an sensitivity.. I agree tho, I've messed with it a lot trying to fine tune it and haven't got it yet (although totally playable).

Klaus
03-17-2010, 11:02 PM
I will pick this up on Friday night.

Jomama
03-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Cool Scott, I'll be around to play once you get it installed.

Need to get a joystick that works for flying at some point.

According to someone I played with tonight, everyone has the same prob as me where their throttle doesn't work (and my twist z axis doesn't either) so hopefully this is just a software fix.. Dont have to get a new joystick:D

Kurise
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Klauso, you may want to look at some videos first.

Right now I'm at the point where I'm contemplating what the fuck made me want to buy this game in the first place.

Almost every server is 150-300 ping per person. Bullets don't register. Nothing but Tank/Mortar/RPG spam on buildings, preventing any defense.

Server Browser takes about 5 minutes to load. You can't add anything to your favorites on servers. Your Weapon load outs don't save so every time you turn the game off, they go back to default.

In my opinion the game is pretty much terrible. I really hate the fact that I spent $50 on such a shitty over hyped game. Movement is sluggish, bullet damage is fucking pathetic. While Assault Weapons have grenade launchers that rape the shit out of anyone. Tanks take way too long to kill, while they kill you in one shot. They can shoot through multiple surfaces to kill you with one round.

Objective Defense pretty much turns into tank/rpg spam on the building. Instead of having to plant a bomb to destroy the base, people just fucking shoot at it till it falls down. While environmental damage is cool and all, it's way over done in the game.

I'd imagine on PS3/Xbox 360 where this game is more stable, would be abetter experience. The graphics in this game make me want to blow my fucking brains out. The lighting in the game is the most illogical shit I've ever seen.

The big problem is, the game lags like fucking shit on PC, bullets don't register and fuck all.

I hate this game.

Klaus
03-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah, not gonna spend $50 on a game that bullets don't register on..... I had that back in Counter Strike 1.5..... Guess I will stick with Ruse for a bit until Battlefield gets out of the Beta stage ;)

Klaus
03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I hate this game.

http://i39.tinypic.com/6rqxwg.gif

Jomama
03-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah, not gonna spend $50 on a game that bullets don't register on..... I had that back in Counter Strike 1.5..... Guess I will stick with Ruse for a bit until Battlefield gets out of the Beta stage ;)

ghey.:rolleyes:

I'm not having anywhere near the problem with server browser (5 min?, mine takes maybe 30 seconds) or lag that Kurise mentions...

Kurise, what rank are you? Cause the low level weapons are obviously gimped, and are not going to compete with someone who's got the 3rd or 4th tier of weapons unlocked.. And like I said, big diff between Normal and Hardcore.

I agree they need to fix how easy it is to destroy the objectives with mortars but I'm betting they change it. But I've won plenty of rounds and games on defense and have had no problem stopping the offense from destroying objectives. I'm not seeing any domination one way or the other unless the server is full of tards...

imo its not any more glitchy than every other release.. I've never seen one that was free of substantial bugs.

Kurise
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM

It has a lot to do with the physics in the game. Unlike CoD MWF2 where, you shoot is where the bullets go ( not taking recoil into account). In BC2, bullets actually have to be shot in front of targets at long range to hit them, sniper bullets must adjust their shots higher when sniping at great distances.

I've had one good session and that was today after I wrote my QQ post. I picked up SOMEONE ELSES GUN, whihc happened to have a Red Dot scope and went 22-2 before the game decided to crash on me. I have no clue how to get the scopes or how long it takes, but it seems to have a HUGE impact on the ability to shoot.

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I don't suck at FPS games. BC2 is incredibly frustrating for me and simply getting the bullets to land on the target is tough enough.

Besides the incredible difficulty in making my bullets it their target, the only thing that really pisses me off is the lack of Group voice chat. You can only speak with your squad, which is a max of 4 players. There are multiple squads on a team, which you can text chat with, but no voice chat.

After about 4-5 hours of playing I haven't heard one person speak or any players attempt to play as a team, give out instructions or incomings or anything.

The game basically feels like a merry-go-round Arathi Basin on most scenarios. The only scenario I enjoy, but is still frustration is the Rush. One team defends multiple points (only 2 at a time) while the opposing team has to destroy 3 sets of bases to win the game. The Defending team has unlimited tickets(lives) while the offensive team has a certain amount, only replenishing the tickets when they destroy an objective.

My basic point about where I'm going with this is, the online game is based on team work and cooperation. But I've never heard/seen anyone attempting to lead or help others. And the inability to to voice chat with the entire team is completely idiotic.

Lol and to the picture Klauso. I've been quite calm while playing, just getting disheartened. I intend to keep playing until I can get more of the unlocks, mainly the scopes. The game just isn't what I expected.

Kurise
03-18-2010, 05:59 PM
ghey.:rolleyes:

I'm not having anywhere near the problem with server browser (5 min?, mine takes maybe 30 seconds) or lag that Kurise mentions...

Kurise, what rank are you? Cause the low level weapons are obviously gimped, and are not going to compete with someone who's got the 3rd or 4th tier of weapons unlocked.. And like I said, big diff between Normal and Hardcore.

I agree they need to fix how easy it is to destroy the objectives with mortars but I'm betting they change it. But I've won plenty of rounds and games on defense and have had no problem stopping the offense from destroying objectives. I'm not seeing any domination one way or the other unless the server is full of tards...

imo its not any more glitchy than every other release.. I've never seen one that was free of substantial bugs.

I'm only a Rank 4. I don't stick with a particular loadout, I usually switch back and forth depending on whats needed. I do agree about the upgrades and such as I listed above. I was able to go from playing like a scrub to playing like normal with a simple scope on the weapon.

And as for Win/Loss, thats not really my worry. On average I'd say it's pretty even, it's just by the time the map is over, I feel like I contributed nothing. Some games I'll do decent with my loadouts, but others I just get rolled.

I tried some of the hardcore, but I don't know the maps at all and spent half my time pressing "m" or tab over and over to make sure I was going the right way. Playing the mode didn't get me any more kills, just made it more difficult to navigate.

I'm still only low level and very new, so I need to ge the hang of the maps. I also turn on Mouse Accell before I went 22-2, it seemed to make the movement more smoothe

Kurise
03-18-2010, 06:42 PM
<object id='ignplayer' width='480' height='270' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=bfbc2_vdr_022610&object=14293278'/></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14293278.html'>More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Info</a></div>

Keep in mind this is on the console version. My settings are the highest resolution and medium video settings. It probably wouldn't hurt for me to turn them down more.

Any way, if you have a good comp, you should run it no problem.

Klaus
03-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Ok, now I wanna try it. Stop it.

Kurise
03-18-2010, 08:09 PM
I think you should.

Jomama
03-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Yes, its very real.. real bullet drop and everything... The only games I remember being this real are America's Army (never played, just watched) and Insurgency (mod for CS:Source or BF2?)..

I think the higher tiers will help ya, just like the MW noob guns at first really, and I've only scratched the surface myself. I do have the red-dot and 4x acog on the engineer with 4/6 of the guns opened... It helps... It seems like even the 2nd level of guns is a marginal upgrade, really need the 3rd lvl and above. Working on medic and assault now. I'm inconsistent with this like any other fps, scores range from a few hundred to 10K..

Yep, the in game teamwork is pretty crappy, sucks I know, seems to always be a curse to fps games imo... I've got a few consistent people I'm playing with tho and we're on a TS server, like I said hit me up with a friend invite (once it starts working again lol) and your welcome to play with us.

Kurise
03-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I sent you a friend invite, you're "Jomama" right? There are a few Jomamas, but they all have numbers. I'd really love some people to play with. Be nice to work together and get some xp.

There is so much potential for team work in the game, but I haven't been able to experience. I'm usually chasing a tank with low armor to repair it or trailing behind some guy with HP to heal him >.<. This is where I think the squad voice chat only is a huge flaw in the game.

My in-game name is "TheGanja".

Jomama
03-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I pre-purchased and played beta so I got my name, no #'s..

Oh yeah, fyi, the accel is actually kinda counter to most peoples fps play, although thats one of the supposed bugs too, Mouse Accel is on whether you turn it on in options or not.

If you are pointing at A (mark where your mouse is) turn away to point B, and turn back towards a A putting your mouse in the same spot, you wont be pointing at A, you will have gone past it.. Which sucks for precision play, hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Jomama
03-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Going to try this tonight. Here is a mouse and turret tweak. Turrets turn really slow by default and the options arn't working.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=13997695&postcount=1684

Jomama
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
And here is a launcher that
is meant for players to be able to modify settings that are not changeable from the In-Game settings menu. These are normally found in the settings.ini file in your MyDocuments\BFBC2.

:confused:

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/gossamers-bad-company-2-launcher-v11

Kurise
03-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I defintely want to play right now, but I'm stuck in ICC :mad:

Kurise
03-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for those links, I'll have to check them out. I'd like to turn off the weather effects if possible.

Edit- Have you used that settings launcher?

Kyrillian
03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
I defintely want to play right now, but I'm stuck in ICC :mad:

I bet you were typing this when I died you bastard!

Jomama
03-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Edit- Have you used that settings launcher?

I just tried it last night, nothing special but cool to be able to tweak your FOV in there, the default is real narrow.

The turret and mouse tweaks helped me a bunch...

Kurise
03-19-2010, 12:16 PM
I just tried it last night, nothing special but cool to be able to tweak your FOV in there, the default is real narrow.

The turret and mouse tweaks helped me a bunch...

I definitely need to look into the turret adjustments. Sitting in any vehicle, especially the UAV is so sluggish.

Third day playing and today was nasty. Getting the hang of the Sniper Rifle and finally got the Defibulator. I turned the in game graphics to low, didn't seem to change much that I noticed, but the FPS increased in shit storm situations.

I bet you were typing this when I died you bastard!

It's quite possible! On the Rotface normal kill, I hit ready check and immediately alt-tabbed. I came back in with him at 70% and I was at the gate with a spore >.<

Klaus
03-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Kurise - can you post your computer specs. Just wondering what I can expect with me uber (3 months ago) set up ;)

Kurise
03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Kurise - can you post your computer specs. Just wondering what I can expect with me uber (3 months ago) set up ;)

Windows Vista 64 Bit
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHZ
3G Ram

GeForce 9600 GS
1G Ram

The comp is over a year old, so I'm sure you will be golden. I was getting bogged down a bit in dense, explosive situations. Tweaking the graphics does the trick.

Not sure if your Windows rates video games graphic settings and compares them to your computer. But my comp is rated 5.6 and BC2 is at recommended5.0.

I turned my graphics down to low and so far the only noticable change, besides increased FPS, were trees at far range didn't look as detailed.

My sessions have been getting better and better. The aiming and firing takes much longer to get the hang of than CoD. You have to burst fire and lead your targets most of the time because not everyone sits still. I'm enjoying it much more and recon is a lot of fun when you get the hang of the sniping physics. Mortar strikes are really fun to use as well.

I have noticed though, most of the servers I play on are located in Europe.

Klaus
03-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Ok, depending on what I end up doing tonight I will download it.

Also, throw more RAM at your machine. I noticed a increase in performance going from 3gb to 6gb and of course Win7.

Jomama
03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Klaus don't you have basically the same PC build as me?

I have everything on High except "shadows", and I have AA and AF on 2x, this is probably the first game I've had either of those enabled beyond off/1x..

I had a few crashes in beta that seemed like extreme graphics overload, lots an lots of explosions and then it freezes/crashes... but I don't think I've crashed since the release, stable so far...

I would bet you can max all your settings.

Kurise
03-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Ok, depending on what I end up doing tonight I will download it.

Also, throw more RAM at your machine. I noticed a increase in performance going from 3gb to 6gb and of course Win7.

Buy the game from a store if possible!

If you download from Steam you won't play till 10pm tonight. Plus I'm not sure how the EA friends list works if you register under steam.

Jomama
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Plus I'm not sure how the EA friends list works if you register under steam.

They're mutually exclusive, but EA was nice enough early on during beta to make BFBC2 compatible with the shift+tab feature in steam, so while you cant use steam to join friend games (have to use the in game friends) you can shift+tab and chat using the steam friends.

Steam will be the last getting updates from what I understand tho.. Last to get checked for compatibility or something like that?

Klaus
03-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Ok I went to BB and got the game. Installation took 30 mins, control set up took 25 min, graphics set to high gets me about 25 fps in the single player..... So I am trying Medium settings and getting 60fps or so. I do notice quite a bit of lag as you guys mentioned.... Will play through it for now. How long until I gotta find my joystick?

Jomama
03-19-2010, 09:02 PM
How long until I gotta find my joystick?

Nobodies throttle works yet. Its kinda BF2 ish with the flying and drones. I cant get the twist part to work right either so I haven't been flying much. That link I posted with the turret tweaks has some tweaks for flying too.

Kurise
03-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Ok I went to BB and got the game. Installation took 30 mins, control set up took 25 min, graphics set to high gets me about 25 fps in the single player..... So I am trying Medium settings and getting 60fps or so. I do notice quite a bit of lag as you guys mentioned.... Will play through it for now. How long until I gotta find my joystick?

Add me! "TheGanja". I'll hop on as soon as the poker tourny is done.

Klaus
03-20-2010, 12:26 AM
I hate starting over in a new game. I don't know the maps and the guns you start with SUCK A FAT DICK. I am a newb tuber now because the laggy aiming added to a shit gun makes multi player almost unplayable. Got my grenade launcher pin first game yuck.

Kurise
03-20-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm really getting the hang of the game dude. I told you, add me, my in game name is TheGanja. With two players it's easy to support one another and keep XP flowing in.

Recon is working really nice for me. But I'll be on tomorrow morning and later in the evening if you want to get some games in.

-Edit- Don't worry about the tubes. Trust me, you won't feel bad when it's 18 v 18 and shits flying everywhere. You're gonna be like " Yeah bitch, eat that tube!".

Jomama
03-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Klaus did you do the mouse tweak in the first link i posted? It'll help.

Klaus
03-20-2010, 09:00 AM
I am gonna finish the single player and do some multi. I can only take short play sessions of getting my ass kicked by higher level better armed players. I know I will improve and it's a good game - I just hate starting over.

Klaus
03-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Had a chance to play some multiplayer this weekend and I am beginning to really like the game play. I guess I have kind of missed the larger format war FPS games with MW2 being basically small maps with deathmatch rushes. The graphics are awesome and the ability to destroy any object is cool (but annoying too).

There are a few things that I continue to hate:

1) Server browser sucks and the time it takes to connect to a server is way too long.

2) Sniping is just retarded on some maps... I was in a game last night with 12 snipers vs 12 snipers. Dumb

3) Mowing down all building and cover is lame.

3) Squads are rarely used on any server I have played on.

4) Aiming above someone to hit them (at far distances) is taking the whole realism thing almost too far. It's really hard to get long shots (except with the sniper rifle). And how come it takes me two shots to kill anyone with the sniper rifle but I get killed with one shot?

5) Game is a bit too spammy for me - mortars and drones raining shit down on spawn points is retarded.

I would like to see more ground vehicle maps. I know some of the maps have a couple at the start but I loved the old school desert combat style where eveyone had a chopper or jeep to run around with.

I am only level 2 so I assume the game play will get more enjoyable as I get better weapons and learn the maps. Right now I just try to kill someone and grab their kit so I have a red dot etc.

Klaus
03-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Oh, and Joe I am still seeing about 60 fps on medium settings until I get into the smoke. I can give you a version of FRAPs that will show your FPS in a graph on your G15 screen.

Jomama
03-22-2010, 10:26 AM
There were server issues all day yesterday so you're lucky you got to play, everytime I tried during the day I either "Failed to connect to EA blah blah" or it just CTD once I joined a game..

Kurise
03-22-2010, 12:54 PM
1- Server Browser blows. "Play Now" I've found to be incredibly reliable in finding games with max players. Granted every 5-6 "Play Nows" I do, I'll get a game with like 6 v 6.

I stopped using Server Browser simply because it's a piece of shit. Takes way too long to load and doesn't save favorites.

2- On certain maps, yes Sniping can be a pain. I personally love sniping, so I'm straight up an antie-sniper. I play so much better than 80% of the people that play this game, that I get into position to rape all the scrub Recon campers. While many times I'm not helping much in the battle, my high K : D ratio and constant mortar barrage keeps the enemy back.

3- I agree 100% on this. While the total realism of the game is something refreshing, it's way over done. I've noticed that a strategy on Rush, is to simple destroy the building so snipers and tanks can just spam the M-Com Base. Now this doesn't always work when your team is playin well, but it's pretty much the basic startegy to take buildings down.

4- yeah it's pretty annoying to play a team based game where the majority of the players don't interact with their team. I think this boils down to the lack of team based voice chat. I still haven't heard one person speak with voice chat in-game and the only thing people say in chat is how the teams are stacked or GG at the end.

5- As for aiming higher when using anything but the Sniper, you generally don't want to be in a situation like this. For the most part, with any SMG/Rifle/LMG you should be close enough where aiming higher isn't necessary, just leading the target. If you find you're doing this a lot, you should either stop completely and start going house to house or play recon. I noticed my frame rate was effected my ability to aim, since you need to be quite accurate if the target is moving, as well as not spam firing.

I know I read something on the BC2 forums about bullet damage actually decreasing the farther they travel. I don't think thats the case for the snipers, but for the MGs. I'm not 100% sure on the source so this may just be bs.

Using the Sniper was definitely a learning curve for me, unlike any other FPS. The reason the players kill you in one shot, is because they're hitting you in the Chest-Head area. Since the bullets lose their momentum, sniping at range takes some getting used to. Now, I know I've had a ton of WTF moments when guys I've shot should have died. Whether it's server lag or simply an RNG type damage, I'm not sure at all. If you find that you're not one shot killing players, you need to aim just a hair higher on your shots. Head shots are so easy with the sniper once you get the hang of it because of the bullet physics.

I have a few of the snipers unlocked but still use the basic model. You gain profficiency Stars or whatever, on your weapons as you use them. I'm not sure if they directly effect the damage, but I really think their purpose is only to show how much the person uses the weapon.

6- I guess you can call it spammy. The stages are much larger, the terrain offers a lot of natural cover and theres plenty of buildings to hide behind, if they haven't been destroyed.

In my opinion, MF2 is 10 times more of a spammed cluster fuck. Grenades and Tubes are much more dangerous simply because the maps are so small and funneled to specific areas. Killstreaks are the main part of multiplayer, which makes it a HUGE spam fest. Don't know how many times I called in a Harrier and 2 kills later I have a sick ass Plane and a Pavelow destroying anything in LOS. You also have people running around with Marathon/Lightweight and Gaymando Pro which lacks any skill at all. Not to mention other perks like "One Man Army" which basically allows a player to constantly switch back and forth between Tube selections and have infinite ammo.

Player operated UAVs/Tanks/Mounted Turrets is one thing, but when the AI in the game controls Helis/Planes and Turrets, it completely takes any skill out of the game. I do like MF2, It's a great game, but it's completely different. They try really hard to take a lot of skill out of the game with perks, deadly toe shots and kill streaks.

We gotta play some later dude. So much more XP to gain when you have a partner to work with. Can't tell you how much I love chasing a tank with low HP as engineer or trying to heal someone whos about to die, but doesn't want to stop.

Kurise
03-22-2010, 12:57 PM
There were server issues all day yesterday so you're lucky you got to play, everytime I tried during the day I either "Failed to connect to EA blah blah" or it just CTD once I joined a game..

I played quite a few sessions yesturday without any problem. Everytime I log in I see the message at the bottom that reports connectivity issues for some players.

The only time I have CTD issues is when my comp is asking me to turn it off for 5 minutes. I have a theory, that CTD is your Video Card screaming that it needs a break. I've had this issue playing multiple games, even WoW. I restart my comp and it's all good.

Klaus
03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I haven't had any issue with connection. Well I did lose connection to one game but that was after playing for a couple maps. I just don't like the server browser - I will try the play now and see how that works.

I agree that MW2 is spammy as shit and the knifing faggots make me want to punch my screen but it's a good game for instant action when you don't have a ton of time to play. BF I really like the strategy and using cover (when it's not blown to shit) - also the ability to spawn with a squad leader makes the maps feel smaller. Still some choke points but overall the map design is very enjoyable.

I might be on later tonight - 9ish.

Klaus
03-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Kyrillian buy this game you prestige mode tard ;)

Klaus
03-23-2010, 01:14 PM
EA name is Klauso. Why couldn't they just have released this as a Steam game.

Kurise
03-23-2010, 01:34 PM
It was released through Steam, but just isn't necessarily connected to the Steam netowrk I guess.

I know Jo said that EA made it where you can still use the Steam Friend Network in-game. But to do this you have to add BC2 to your game list. I think there is an "add-game" option where you put in your CD-Key.

Yeah just checked. on the "Game List", at the bottom it has an option to add non steam games. I know you can add WoW to steam, so I'm sure BC2 works.

-BC2 isn't even on the file list to choose from for me.

Klaus
03-23-2010, 01:43 PM
I never really got the "add non steam game" deal to work with WOW. Even if I launched WOW from Steam it never showed that I was playing WOW in my friends - friends list. At the very least it should give that functionality.

Klaus
03-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Joe, what's the best way to learn to fly? I am planning to dig out my joystick tonight and play. Can you start a empty game? And what map is best for flying?

Jomama
03-26-2010, 10:27 AM
I haven't been flying, by default its impossible, especially since BC2 doesn't detect the throttle on the stick.
And the sensitivity to the twist is reversed and slow, so I could never turn. Its not just reversed either, because even when I switch it around it in the config it does it opposite the way it should be, its just hard config like that.

But that mouse mode I posted shows you how to increase the sensitivity I think, but I aint tried it yet.

The other thing people are doing is binding "Enemy Spotted" or w/e to every key, including their fire key, (you can bind multiple actions to one key afaik).. So when you shot at people they get the little triangle over their head so others on your team can see them. I'll post it up later.

Klaus
03-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Well I guess that explains why no one flies around at all. POOPY!

Klaus
03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Look at my stats I am hard-fucking-core (signature won't work for a hour I guess).

Check out our side by side stats Joe.

http://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/pc/Klauso/comp/pc/jomama#s

Jomama
03-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I think I'm the only one who opens up Eng and the Vehicle stuff first.. :D Even tho I always loved flying the most in DC, I think I'm really a tanker at heart, there is nothing like owning it up with a good gunner who gets out and repairs for you.

Yeah the flying is sporadic, but I do see people consistently using the drone. The Blackhawk seems utterly useless, the mini-guns seem like they should just mow people down but they never seem to actually kill anyone. I think they need to up the splash damage a little.

Klaus
03-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Joe will you send me a friend request - Klauso. I sent you one and some other Jomammas too ..... so not sure who is who.

Jomama
03-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I will, but I am plain old "Jomama".

Klaus
03-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Got my joystick set up but the flying in this game is fucked up (as you already stated Joe). Working through many issues with inverted axis etc. It seems that the UAV and the Heli are not effected the same by the "invert joystick axis" check box. So whenever I jump into a Heli I need to go into options and uncheck the button. Annoying - and yes the throttle isn't supported.

Klaus
03-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Fix I used for the twist being backwards.

or everyone with mirrored yaw controls.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/435749.page#4043861

first check to see which axis your contoller used for yaw (mine was y1)

The edit the air.dbx file in the ".my documents/bfbc2/input/" folder.

do a search for the appropriate axis (mine was IDA_Axis1Y)

then change the following line " <field name="ScaleValue">1</field> " to " <field name="ScaleValue">-1</field> "

The problem was incredibly easy to solve, and DICE is showing a major lack of professionalism for not catching it minutes after it was reported in the beta.

then change the following line " <field name="ScaleValue">1</field> " to " <field name="ScaleValue">-1</field> "

Klaus
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Unlocked the red dot for the assault class yesterday - makes a world of difference.

Klaus
04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Yesterday I had a few hours to play and log on... only to find "play now" isn't working because no games match my requirements. I switch to the server browser and find about 20 games total all with 400+ ping. So I figure there must be some type of update I am missing and go looking on EAs site. Nothing really about a update but some new maps being released - but they aren't really new maps they are just the same maps but they let you play more modes on them. Lame. Then I find a post about if you have the Steam version just close the program and open it - update will download. I have the DVD version so that won't work. Then I remember that when I installed the game it didn't make any shortcuts and I had to go hunting around to find the icon to launch the game. I find the folder and sure enough there is a "update.exe" application. Run it and I am good to go. I guess what I want to say is EA sucks for how this program is setup and it's like the Steam version isn't really Steam but the DVD version is a afterthought too. Uggg

Jomama
04-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Thats why I use steam. :D

Jomama
04-01-2010, 10:48 AM
fwiw, lol

In BF1942(+desert combat mod) having a joystick for flying was a must.
In BF2 it was a lot better than flying with the mouse.
In BF 2142 it was fairly easy to fly with the mouse, but controls were better with joystick.
In BF Heroes its just another way of controlling the plane.
In BFBC2 its impossible to use a joystick, due to bugs. Instead flying with the mouse is easy as pie...

I don't really like this trend, because the feeling of a plane and a chopper is completely lost when using a mouse.

Flying in BFBC2 is easy.. heres a few tips:
Remember to set the vertical invert to something you find natural, and remember that the real chopper does not handle anything like the UAV.

Remember that choppers move slowly. Only use small mouse movements.

To turn a chopper you use A and D. The mouse is used only to stabilize the turn.

Go to an empty server and practice for 10 mins. After that you'll be flying in no time. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1209970

Klaus
04-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Really? Flying with a mouse.... seems dumb if you have a joystick.

Kurise
04-02-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm having the same problems you did Klauso. Except I already had the short-cut on my desktop. It runs that update everytime I open the game, only "Play Now" is giving me the same response when I try to play.

Jomama
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm not having any probs with the browser since they made it display only 100 servers instead of 500 per refresh. I guess I don't trust "PLay Now" to not put me on a server with only 5 people playing.

Klaus
04-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I have never successfully got Play Now to work.... In MW2 it works (your only choice) great. I just wish after 10 years of having servers with reserved slots that the browser would know a server is full. 30/32 or 28/32 is always a full server with open reserved slots.

Jomama
04-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I just wish after 10 years of having servers with reserved slots that the browser would know a server is full. 30/32 or 28/32 is always a full server with open reserved slots.

Yeah, I know nothing of how it all works but I don't get that part either, you would think the "code" for a server browser would be somewhat standardized by now, yet every release seems to be subject to bugs in aspects that all games share...

I bet its 99% human error & just the difficulty of proofreading lots of code??

Klaus
04-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Nice playing with you Sat night Joe... But can I request a non-hardcore server next time. I have never played so poorly in my life - like 2/20 on a map. Trying to get my k/d ratio up not down. One of my objectives on every map (I know it's lame) is to noob tube 4 people for the explosives pin and grenade pin (200pts) and in HC mode I can't aim the tube for shit.

Jomama
04-05-2010, 04:01 PM
But can I request a non-hardcore server next time.

Of course, its not like I pick them on purpose, there is no way to tell from the server browser afaik... If I get a server thats balanced and not laggy I just tend to stick it out for a bit..

Some of the HC stuff I like, for one, its not so hard to kill people if you're not a headshot master.... but some of it is just retarded, I got the MG36, which has a built in red-dot scope.. on HC they lose the red-dot from the red dot.. its one thing to lose the artificial cross-hairs but thats stupid.

Klaus
04-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Started playing medic last night...... pretty easy class with 100 round clips. Now I know why everyone is a medic.

Jomama
04-12-2010, 03:37 PM
And you can level up very easily once you have the paddles and just run around and rez people.

I love the Hvy Machine gun/Medic combo.. Probably split most my time between this and a engineer, unless its a non-vehicle map and I will go Assault. The higher lvl Machine Guns are pretty cool.

Klaus
04-14-2010, 11:25 AM
WTF - where did my post go.

Yeah, I got the paddles last night. 5 rez a round gets you 100 bonus pts...

Mike here is the Ventrilo info:

Download the program here:
http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Server address is:
Port is:
Password is:
stairs

Only other thing you need to do is go into settings and bind a PPT button. Also turn off the key clicks or whatever it's called (sends a little noise when you are done talking).

Jomama
04-14-2010, 04:01 PM
WTF - where did my post go.

Told you it was being glitchy...:D

Jomama
04-16-2010, 10:45 AM
So there is a bug that appears to make ATI cards take a lot longer to load than Nvidia cards..

This is a hot fix an issue with ATI HD 5xxx Cards load times..

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-Hotfix.aspx

Jomama
04-17-2010, 05:47 PM
So there is a bug that appears to make ATI cards take a lot longer to load than Nvidia cards..

This is a hot fix an issue with ATI HD 5xxx Cards load times..

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-Hotfix.aspx

FYI, did not work with my 4870.

MnWilly
04-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Posted yesterday in the BC2 forum:

"The fix is out now for 5000 series gpu's. The fix for 4000 series will be out in the next few days."

Scott, what is that gaming mini keyboard you use?

Klaus
04-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Logitech G13
http://www.logitech.com/assets/17680/17680.png

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-000946-G13-Advanced-Gameboard/dp/B001NEK2GE

Kinda expensive but I love mine. If you want I have a extra Belkin N52t which is almost the same minus the screen.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pYw4BGYTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kurise
04-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Why do you use that thing? You use that for FPS games?

Klaus
04-18-2010, 08:44 AM
I used it in WOW too. I like the hand position and wrist pad plus there are two thumb buttons that I use for PPT and grenades. I never have used the thumb joystick on the N13 for anything but Joe used it to move in WOW at one point - opening up the 20 keys for spells etc. On the N52 (Belkin) the joystick is actually a directional pad and I did use that alot as extra keys. The Logitech is also nice because the screen shows BF stats and kill ratios - but if you already have a G15 keyboard it's probably overkill (except if you want to run vent on one screen and BF on the other).

MnWilly
04-19-2010, 02:08 PM
I did set mine to run DX9 and the maps load in about 20 seconds or so. Cant see through glass anymore though.

Jomama
04-23-2010, 08:06 PM
New Hotfix for ATI Cards.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx

he ATI Catalyst 10.4a Preview provides resolution for the following issue:

* Long load times for new maps in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when using a Windows 7 / Windows Vista based system with an:
o ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 4xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 3xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 2xxx series graphics card

Kurise
04-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Hotfix updated the Server Browser, made it look better and run more smoothly.

And you can save your loadouts. Woot

Klaus
04-26-2010, 09:23 AM
I really like the changes they made. The server browser is almost instant for me. My only complaint now is that after you find a server you like and play on it a bit it's not easy to add it to your favorites. If you don't write down the name it's hard to find again.

Kurise
04-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Have you tried server history at all? I've noticed since the update the servers I played on pop up in there now.

Klaus
04-26-2010, 02:42 PM
You know I totally wrote the server history off after it didn't work - I will check it tonight.

Jomama
09-15-2010, 09:26 PM
BFBC2: Vietnam Demo...

"Expansion pack" for BFBC2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueC51jMnLY4

Jomama
11-08-2010, 09:03 PM
VIP Map Pack 7 is on its way to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. This pack will include four maps never before available in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer, two of them being fan favorites Oasis and Harvest Day. As always, this content is free for PC and console VIP players. Read on for the full story.

VIP Map Pack 7 is all about listening to the community. When we ask for your favorite maps from Battlefield: Bad Company, Oasis and Harvest Day always come out on top. We are happy to announce that in VIP Map Pack 7, these two much-loved maps have been reworked for Battlefield : Bad Company 2. This means full Destruction 2.0 (buildings collapsing and micro destruction), enhanced graphics and lighting, and remastered ambient sounds and backgrounds. Below is a full brief of what's included in VIP Map Pack 7:
http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/showt ... -Company-2 more info

Read it might be released wed...

Klaus
11-18-2010, 06:47 PM
If you don't own this game here is your chance.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Game (PC) $13.99 Free Digital Download, Nov. 18 2 PM

Amazon has the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Game (PC) for $13.39 Free Digital Download. Tax in KS, KY, ND, NY, WA.

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/231877

Jomama
11-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Release date set for BFBC2 VIP Map Pack 7 & BFBC2: Vietnam..

Map Pack 7 released tomorrow... Video of some gameplay here http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/30/release-dates-set-for-vip-map-pack-7-and-battlefield-bad-company-2-vietn.aspx##

DEC 18th = BFBC2 Vietnam (for PC).. Flamethrowers...

Klaus
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
They have flamethrowers in Black Ops.... I hate them ;)

Jomama
12-18-2010, 03:51 PM
BFBC2: Vietnam is out. Very polished release for a small mod, as good as any game I've seen.. Beautiful maps, all but one so far was pretty big... Some different dynamics than the vanilla BC2, more close quarters firefights.. No electronic gizmo's or scopes.. Tanks are faster and one has a Flamethrower.. You don't have to reopen the weapons like at the beginning of BFBC2. :)

bruckley
12-19-2010, 11:40 AM
i'll be getting battlefield bad company 2 for christmas, i got my gaming pc all up to date and running good. ill need to get up to date on my fps skills, and learn this game a bit, but want to look you guys up and play on the same server. i haven't played battlefield 2 in about 6 months.. so ill be a bit rusty.

i bought a small dynex 22" tv from bestbuy yesterday, but it won't be in until january 7th-ish. i hope that works well for gaming, it's my hope. I guess ill dl the vietnam expansion this coming weekend as well.

anyhow, ill be doing some reading over the next few days to get more acquainted with the game. ill try for screen name bruckley. see you guys soon.

bruckley
12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
how many of you guys are playing this game? i went ahead and bought it tonight, but didn't know there was a 6hr giant patch to get right away, so i didn't get set up.

also, is there still a vent?

Server address is:
Port is:
Password is:
stairs

from klaus' previous post here?

Jomama
12-19-2010, 10:16 PM
I think I'm the only one who plays it regularly Bruck. Normally after 9PM pacific on weekdays, but west coast servers, arn't you east coast? Anyway, CSM is the server I play on most the time, rent it with a few gamers I know from the seattle area.. I'm just Jomama in the in game friends, which is kinda weak cause you can only friend someone if they are online and logged in afaik..

bruckley
12-20-2010, 08:16 AM
yeah i'm central time, so we probably won't play much on weekdays. i got it installed last night and tried it out a bit this morning. it will take me a little bit to get a handle on things. it sure is an awesome game so far, very smooth and clean.

i couldn't get the name bruckley, which is horrible to me. so i am gaming under boldjefe . ill see about adding you in game too, and find that server. with some practice this week, i might be able to join you on some of my holiday days off this week and next. i'll also get vietnam, but after some practice. see you soon

Klaus
12-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I play the normal game a bit between WOW and Black Ops. I will attempt to add you.

Jomama
12-20-2010, 04:40 PM
If interested, steam has their winter sale up and Bad Company 2 is only $ 6.79.. Vietnam expansion is only $15.. Pretty good deal.