Noncompliance
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Noncompliance » General Forums » General Discussion » F$@King Dog

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: F$@King Dog
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dog continues to spite me by pooping all over the house and barking in the middle of the night. I can't get rid of her because of an agreement with the previous owner - anyone have any ideas? I think I might try electroshock theropy or maybe I will bite her ears like Joe does, I can't deside. Dogs suck!!!

Klaus

Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post 
Severe beatings sometimes work. I like a rolled up newspaper with a table leg hidden inside.

Put it in a box with its own poop when you go out. That way it can't poop on your stuff. Doggie jail.

Build it a dog house outside. It might get cold, but it's got fur. And if it freezes to death it’s natural causes.

Drugs. I heard they make doggie Prozac. Maybe it has doggie ADHD and needs heavy medication. This in addition to the electroshock therapy should break any mut. Kinda like reprogramming a human.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cremator
Hell's Blacksmith
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cremator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you haven't had it since it was a pup: that is what will make it difficult.

You need to balance strict discipline with some play-time. I've always brought the dog to the poop and made sure they see it, speak with an angry voice and swat their ass. When you leave you may have to try a poop-friendly environment to lock the dog in (cement floored/tiled basement maybe?)

Barking at night is more difficult. Is the dog unable to go somewhere in the house (closed door?). Does it just bark at traffic noise or outside sounds? Then you may have to lock 'er up in the basement (which will usually produce barking on its own). If the dog has a favorite toy, you could hide it all day long and then give it to him when you go to bed...

Good luck.

Posts: 559 | From: Blaine, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buy a med sized kennel and lock her in it all day. As for barking, I heard that the bark collers work wonders!

If all that fails my favorite so far is a wrapped table leg. Pfaff, you always crack me up!

Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mohag
Rookie
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mohag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 'room' method has always worked for me with several dogs and other assorted animals I've owned. I make sure I feed the dog twice a day, once in the morning and then again at about 5 in the evening or so. Then I take the dog outside about 8. I do not feed the dog anything after 5. (It might be harder for you because I think you have more than one dog.) Then I put the dog in a small room, like the bathroom (with a bowl of water, of course). Not only is it the smallest room in the house, but it's easy to clean. When the dog has only the room to lay down, he will think twice about messing in his bed. The dog stays in the bathroom for a few days. If the dog is good and there are no accidents, I gradually increase it's 'territory'. If it's not, it gets rooms taken away. When the dog finally has the run of the house and if it spites me, I loudly voice my displeasure (table leg), then I put it back in the bathroom and start over. The longest I've ever had to go through this is two weeks.

About the barking, they now have citronella collars as an alternative to the shock therapy. They've been used in Europe for years because shock collars are illegal there. I've read studies where citronella has actually been more effective than shocking because the dog will eventually ignore the shock (in the doses that are legal) but it can't stand the smell of citronella. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but when there is a loud noise like barking it releases some citronella and gives the dog a big whiff. The downside is that other loud noises like another dog barking nearby or the horn of the car I threw it in front of could also set it off, confusing the dog. That and it doesn't come with a remote control like some of the shock collars, that rocks!! On the other hand, the citronella might cover up the poop smell so it's all good.

Good luck with that. I can send some links with this info if you'd like. There's nothing like starting your day stepping in a nice fresh plile of doggie excrement.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
SKUZZY
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Who is this McCraken? " Beat the dog with a table leg? " What type of behavior is this?
You NEVER EVER HIT A DOG OR ANYTHING! Are we living in the dark ages?

This is completely unacceptable. I cannot belive that you hit a dog.

| Report this post to a Moderator
Klaus
Administrator
Member # 66

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klaus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scuzzy - you might have stumbled onto this bulletin board by mistake. Hitting and shooting things is commonplace on this discussion group (as is sarcasm) Do you get my point???
Posts: 5484 | From: St. Paul, Mn | Registered: Apr 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Po Po
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have personally read at least a dozen or so dog training books. A common variable in every single one of them is *PUNISHMENT*. I see people with dogs everyday that don't believe in hitting them. They are the ones chasing their pets through the alley and the neighbor with the dog that doesn't stop barking no matter how much they "reason" with them. Dogs are not people; they do not have the ability to be reasoned with. So shut up and educate yourself.
Posts: 486 | From: Eagan, MN | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Posting God
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for .         Edit/Delete Post 
Just like people...

Posts: 620 | Registered: Oct 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Noncompliance.com

Noncompliance Copyright 2005